Supply of firearms and ammo - Page 9
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Supply of firearms and ammo

This is a discussion on Supply of firearms and ammo within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Was not able to get a gun... since my wife is a pacifist... and threatened to leave me if I bought a 12 gauge... Best ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 98
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Supply of firearms and ammo

  1. #81
    Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    69

    Was not able to get a gun... since my wife is a pacifist... and threatened to leave me if I bought a 12 gauge...
    Best survival advice for you my friend is kick her the curb. No time for people who wont help themselves

  2. #82
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Where you least expect it.
    Posts
    7,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Krackentoa View Post
    Best survival advice for you my friend is kick her the curb. No time for people who wont help themselves
    Amen to that. It's sad that some guys let a woman get hold of 'em by the shorthairs.
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

  3. #83
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Southern Appalachia
    Posts
    6
    To BamaDOC re: wife threatened to leave if you bought a shotgun

    Should things go so bad that rioters / home invaders come onto the streets where you live. Your wife's pacifism could get you two killed. So sorry about your situation. I couldn't begin to tell you what to do about your situation. My wife and I are very different, but when it comes to life-views, we are much the same. We've been together since the mid-1970s. Many suburbanites opposed to firearm ownership are now purchasing firearms due to the violence spilling out of the inner cities.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 08-02-2020 at 10:53 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #84
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Southern Appalachia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Here is a picture of mostly loaded mags at the ready in one safe.

    There is only one M-16 mag in the pile, there are Galil, M-3 grease gun mags, M-14 mags, Thompson mags, AK mags, and carbine mags.

    Attachment 107565
    No offense, however I wouldn't be showing just anybody my prep toys. For all we know, the next administration could come up with their own version of the Stasi. Then again, I think that the military & police may "just say no" if a D.C. administration were to go anti-Constitution. We live in stranger than strange days.

  6. #85
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    8,451
    Shelves are bare here.
    The larger local gun places are mostly cleaned out. The smaller shops are still doing ok, oddly enough.
    I'm pretty much happy with my firearms selection. I'd still like another upper or two in various other calibers for the sake of diversity, but I can manage with what I have for now.

    I can't find ammo locally at all.
    We just got back from a trip to the coast, and I stopped into their Academy Sports store. Shockingly, they had 300AAC in stock. Even on vacation, I keep an eye out for the essentials.

    I've started reloading, as I seem to be able to find what I need to do that. Getting my die sets squared away soon, also keeping an eye out for the various components.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

  7. #86
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,312
    Ammoseek now is advertising “cheap 9mm ammo”! only $1.00 PER ROUND!
    RedLion and Michael_Js like this.

  8. #87
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,662
    gun laws - didn't read about the moaning & bitching this time around >>> but plenty of the braindead found out what they had voted away - went to buy that shotgun and was handed paperwork and days of wait << if not weeks >> ...

    been talking about this aspect of gun control for years - the realization by the braindead that guns are needed in the current SHTF >>> if the ballon pops and there's shooting - should kill off any new talk of gun control and even result in a repeal of current laws ...
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

  9. #88
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    No offense, however I wouldn't be showing just anybody my prep toys. For all we know, the next administration could come up with their own version of the Stasi. Then again, I think that the military & police may "just say no" if a D.C. administration were to go anti-Constitution. We live in stranger than strange days.
    Grasshopper, you don't know @SOCOM42 well.
    SGG and inceptor like this.

  10. #89
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Shelves are bare here.
    The larger local gun places are mostly cleaned out. The smaller shops are still doing ok, oddly enough.
    I'm pretty much happy with my firearms selection. I'd still like another upper or two in various other calibers for the sake of diversity, but I can manage with what I have for now.

    I can't find ammo locally at all.
    We just got back from a trip to the coast, and I stopped into their Academy Sports store. Shockingly, they had 300AAC in stock. Even on vacation, I keep an eye out for the essentials.

    I've started reloading, as I seem to be able to find what I need to do that. Getting my die sets squared away soon, also keeping an eye out for the various components.
    Glad you are reloading @Kauboy . When ammo dries up those supplies will follow.

    Tools to reload, bullets, primers, powder. Stock up. Hard copies of RL manuals/firearm service manuals.
    Kauboy likes this.

  11. #90
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Here is a picture of mostly loaded mags at the ready in one safe.

    There is only one M-16 mag in the pile, there are Galil, M-3 grease gun mags, M-14 mags, Thompson mags, AK mags, and carbine mags.

    Attachment 107565
    Where are the stripper clips for the M1/M14s?

 

 
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top