Supply of firearms and ammo - Page 17
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Supply of firearms and ammo

This is a discussion on Supply of firearms and ammo within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by SOCOM42 Not much knowledge there, only a idiot would by anything in 9MM right now, unless he had a ton of ammo. ...

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree429Likes

Thread: Supply of firearms and ammo

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Not much knowledge there, only a idiot would by anything in 9MM right now, unless he had a ton of ammo.

My worry is that I don't have enough 32 round mags for the 9MM's.
    my Brother recently picked up a ruger 9mm carbine, mostly because it uses the 17 round SR9-C mags we already have.. so then he picked up a handful more mags as well
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    my Brother recently picked up a ruger 9mm carbine, mostly because it uses the 17 round SR9-C mags we already have.. so then he picked up a handful more mags as well
    Now to feed it, what, how much is in his/your stores.

I consider every pistol caliber a secondary or third level weapon.

The only thing that partially balances that out with me is that some of mine are subguns.

From past experience, 30 cal AP is the best route for SD, they get hit, they stay down.

You should have observed by now from the riots occurring around the country,

that those communistic turd bastards are donning body armor and gas masks to counter the police.

What are pistol rounds going to do for you if you face such?

Now I realize that you are in a sparsely populated state, which is great, I envy your location.

Here in this anthill of a state, even here in the country where I live, there are too many GD people.

The appropriate weapons for the presented conditions will be used for any self defense situation that should arise.
    Michael_Js likes this.

The only thing that partially balances that out with me is that some of mine are subguns.

From past experience, 30 cal AP is the best route for SD, they get hit, they stay down.

that those communistic turd bastards are donning body armor and gas masks to counter the police.

Now I realize that you are in a sparsely populated state, which is great, I envy your location.

Here in this anthill of a state, even here in the country where I live, there are too many GD people.

The appropriate weapons for the presented conditions will be used for any self defense situation that should arise.
    I don't have AP rounds, but I am good enoungh with a 308/06 to hit neck or groin. Most cheap "body armor" is not going to stop 30 cal rifle anyway. Tap them trice

@SOCOM42 wished I'd met you 40 years ago, we would both be wiser and friends.
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 08-26-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    SOCOM42 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

He lives in Iowa. not sure how many total 9mm he has. I think he said he just reloaded 200 more last week or so, my guess is he is sitting around 500 rounds of 9mm there. likely another 500 556, I sent about 150 rounds of 38special home with him last time in exchange for his reloads. My guess is he is low on 357 and may only have 300-500 .308, also not sure of his .45 situation. Since he plans to BO here, we tend to keep his numbers low. I wish he would leave a few more of his rifles here, but that's another argument. He likes to impulse buy and has disposable income and no wife/kids, so I often lose track of what firearms he has there. Off top of my head, with the new 9mm carbine.. pistols:9mm,1911,38sp, 357 rifles: .308, 556, 357 lever action,.. couple of 10/22's and maybe 3-4 shotguns.. 12g 20g and a 410
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

as for my ammo stores here.. haven't done a total count in a while (maybe should).. I buy waaaay more than we shoot.. I remember picking up 550 bricks of 22 for 8.88 at the old walmart every trip. I complained and stopped when they went to 19.99.... but then started buying them again. probably have 8-10k rounds of 22. couple of cases of 12g 3-1/2 in BBB that would work in a pinch. couple cases of 00B... north of 2k for each of the other various calibers by now. except 30-06 and 303 british. Maybe 1k 9mm 500 45 and about 1 k 38.. case or so of 380
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Well at least it is not his only gun, more of a toy from what I see.

Top rounds are US Cal.30, & 7.62 NATO, then 5.56 NATO and 7.62x39.

Those are what you can never have enough of.

The numbers for him are quite low in all respects except maybe the 357, for a game getter.

Not many store 303 Brit, I do, about 2K per gun. Have #4's and #1's.

Here are some of the Savage built, there are also Long Branch and BSA.

Supply of firearms and ammo-img_0362.jpg
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 08-26-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Fleet farm today local good source of ammo and firearms. They have basic hunting rifles, some shot guns and a few handguns. no where near the normal stock. NO AR / AR verities. Ammo no 5.56,223,9mm or 22 . Some 308,6.5 creedmoore, 30.06 30-30.
    70% of the shelf is empty.
    I was not buying just was in town so took a look.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Well at least it is not his only gun, more of a toy from what I see.

Top rounds are US Cal.30, & 7.62 NATO, then 5.56 NATO and 7.62x39.

Those are what you can never have enough of.

The numbers for him are quite low in all respects except maybe the 357, for a game getter.

Not many store 303 Brit, I do, about 2K per gun. Have #4's and #1's.

Here are some of the Savage built, there are also Long Branch and BSA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0362.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	5.77 MB 
ID:	108025
    we purposefully keep them low on his end.. he will be heading here...

we are heavy on .308 because we have 5 of them..
    .303british is an old enfield my uncle rebuilt for my first deer rifle. had to pick a bunch of rock to pay it off. then he gave me one almost identical in .308
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

From what I've seen locally and what I just saw checking out SGAmmo it appears the theory of .40 being in stock holds true again. Its pricey, but you can still get bulk .40 self defense ammo on SGammo as of today.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    we purposefully keep them low on his end.. he will be heading here...

we are heavy on .308 because we have 5 of them..
    .303british is an old enfield my uncle rebuilt for my first deer rifle. had to pick a bunch of rock to pay it off. then he gave me one almost identical in .308
    The one in 308 most likely is an Ishapore conversion.

Do have the head space checked on it.

All of my Brit ammo is MK-7 ball, either in boxes, belts or bandoleers.

I won't tell you how many 308's there are here, you would not believe me anyways.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links