Supply of firearms and ammo - Page 10
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Supply of firearms and ammo

This is a discussion on Supply of firearms and ammo within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Chiefster23 Ammoseek now is advertising “cheap 9mm ammo”! only $1.00 PER ROUND! After reading this, I went to one wholesaler I deal ...

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree429Likes

Thread: Supply of firearms and ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Ammoseek now is advertising “cheap 9mm ammo”! only $1.00 PER ROUND!
    After reading this, I went to one wholesaler I deal with(remember I am in the trade),

I went through their list of roughly 150 different 9MM offerings, ALL WERE SOLD OUT!!!!

Price did not matter, be it $.25 or a $1.10 a round, there was none.

I am all set with 9MM.
    Smitty901 and inceptor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Where are the stripper clips for the M1/M14s?
    In that picture there is one Garand clip of 30 AP.

The ammo on stripper clips for the M14, M16 and M1 carbine is still sealed in their original cans.

There are 3 bandoleers of garand clips that reside with each rifle.

That is just ready ammo, the reason there are empty mags is I hate to open virgin cans to fill them!

If the turmoil becomes more threatening I will open them.

Now for those who are uninformed, all those mags are legal and so are the guns that they go to.

I regards to the NFA stuff, they sure as hell know about it.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 08-03-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    Mad Trapper and inceptor like this.

The Good Cop

In our small town, Ace Hardware is the gun store.
    There is no 9MM available.
    The Ace in the next town down the line has no 9MM either.

I only have one handgun so chambered, and have about 500 rounds of hard ball and 100 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense, so I’m set.
    I would only use the 9 if I was al out of ammo for my other handguns anyway.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Most of your common rounds are still hard to come by here in Houston. 9MM, 45, 5.56, 308, and 12 gauge 00. These are my stock calibers so I am generally in good shape. Still, it's been a month or so since I bought ammo, and that was the last two boxes of 30-06 they had on the shelf.
    inceptor likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    In our small town, Ace Hardware is the gun store.
    There is no 9MM available.
    The Ace in the next town down the line has no 9MM either.

I only have one handgun so chambered, and have about 500 rounds of hard ball and 100 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense, so I’m set.
    I would only use the 9 if I was all out of ammo for my other handguns anyway.
    I have 4 handguns in 9MM, for them I have a case of Winni SXT and a half of one in Black Talon,

and a ton of 124 gr. ball for others. @rice paddy daddy , Have a P-38 also, WW2 CYQ IN 98% condition.

That is the trend here, local stores that sell ammo are sold out of almost everything including obscure calibers.

Even 30/30 and 32 Winchester are gone, no hunting is allowed here with a rifle either.

I have two restored Winni mod 1894's in 30/30 from the 30s, have 1K of ammo for both,

never plan on shooting them, they are just there.

Even the Walmart which does not sell guns has all shelves cleared out of stock of whatever they had,

be it rifle or pistol ammo.

If you did not prep for it, you loose, we told you so.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 08-03-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    Prepared One and inceptor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    I have 4 handguns in 9MM, for them I have a case of Winni SXT and a half of one in Black Talon,

and a ton of 124 gr. ball for others.

That is the trend here, local stores that sell ammo are sold out of almost everything including obscure calibers.

Even 30/30 and 32 Winchester are gone, no hunting is allowed here with a rifle either.

I have two restored Winni mod 1894's in 30/30 from the 30s, have 1K of ammo for both,

never plan on shooting them, they are just there.

Even the Walmart which does not sell guns has all shelves cleared out of stock of whatever they had,

be it rifle or pistol ammo.

If you did not prep for it, you loose, we told you so.
    I hit my target inventories long ago on ammo. Now it's just feathering the bed so to speak. You do have to wonder about all these first time buyers who purchase a 45, 9mm, AR, or whatever and walk out of the store with one or two boxes of ammo and think they are covered. They are in for a shock when they see how fast you will expend ammunition if things go sideways.
    SOCOM42 and inceptor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I hit my target inventories long ago on ammo. Now it's just feathering the bed so to speak. You do have to wonder about all these first time buyers who purchase a 45, 9mm, AR, or whatever and walk out of the store with one or two boxes of ammo and think they are covered. They are in for a shock when they see how fast you will expend ammunition if things go sideways.
    OH! SO TRUE!

Anyone who has ever been in a real firefight knows how quickly you piss through it, especially in your first one.

Fire discipline is real hard to maintain.

A perp breaking in and getting wasted does not even count.

Two years ago there was a lull in ammo sales, the smart ones took advantage of it, including me.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 08-03-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    OH! SO TRUE!

Anyone who has ever been in a real firefight knows how quickly you piss through it, especially in your first one.

Fire discipline is real hard to maintain.

A perp breaking in and getting wasted does not even count.

Two years ago there was a lull in ammo sales, the smart ones took advantage of it, including me.
    LT mark my words. Maintaining control of fire with it hits the fan will be that hardest job you have.
    SOCOM42, inceptor, Triumph and 1 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I have signed up for every site that sends notifications for ammo and evey time i get an email for .223 or 9mm it's gone before I can order it. I have no worries about defending my home from what we would expect during normal times or at the moment but my stock is way lower in 9 and .223 than I'm comfortable with, with everything going on if my family and I need to bug out. I have more than enough hunting caliber ammo but bolt action 30.06, 7.62 Mosin and 12 gauge bird with bird shot isn't going to get it done if it gets bad.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    LT mark my words. Maintaining control of fire with it hits the fan will be that hardest job you have.
    100% agreed. What i have been telling my like minded friends and have been doing for the past few years with my boys is playing airsoft. You can practice being in a situation you would never be in outside of real battle but safety. We use low capacity mags (30 rounds in the M4s and 20 in the pistols) when we play so they are conditioned to saving ammo and choosing their shots wisely.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links