2 Rifles versus spare parts.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on 2 Rifles versus spare parts. within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Hello All! Newbie here and glad to have found this site! I was wondering if you guys could share your opinions on this question that ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: 2 Rifles versus spare parts.

Hello All! Newbie here and glad to have found this site!

I was wondering if you guys could share your opinions on this question that popped into my mind a few nights ago.

Is it better to have 2 AR 15s ( or 1 AR15 and 1 AK47 ) for a long emergency situation ( aka shtf), or is it better to have just one AR15 and buy spare parts like BCGs, second barrel, springs etc; with the money that would have been spent buying the second rifle.

I am planning on getting a second rifle just to be more prepared and wanted to know what would be a better choice.
    Thank you for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianWarrior View Post
    Hello All! Newbie here and glad to have found this site!

I was wondering if you guys could share your opinions on this question that popped into my mind a few nights ago.

Is it better to have 2 AR 15s ( or 1 AR15 and 1 AK47 ) for a long emergency situation ( aka shtf), or is it better to have just one AR15 and buy spare parts like BCGs, second barrel, springs etc; with the money that would have been spent buying the second rifle.

I am planning on getting a second rifle just to be more prepared and wanted to know what would be a better choice.
    Thank you for your replies.
    Appalachian Warrior,

Welcome! Now on to the lesson!

I'll assume you live in the Appalachian Mountain Region of these United States of America? If so, why limit yourself to 1 rifle and spare parts or even 2 rifles with the intent on one rifle being the "spare part" provider?

Specifically, AR Plartform Rifles are selling very competitively right now and the market is saturated with many fine reliable economical AR Platform Rifle producers. I've seen rifles on sale in the $475-$500 range over the past year or 2.

Go ahead and get you 3, 4 ,5 or more. And make sure you have enough ammo to feed these hungry little spitters of brass and steel casing! As the old saying goes, nobody in a fire fight ever said they had too much ammo or too many guns!

Seriously, if it makes you feel better get a few extra firing pins or Bolt Carrier Groups or Trigger Assemblies, and extra springs etc. But why not get a few extra rifles while you can?

Hope this makes you think a little bit different!

Your freind,

Slippy!

Buy enough parts to build 2 or 3 more boomsticks. Build boomsticks. Now you have 3 or 4 boomsticks with plenty of parts that can be cannibalized.
    Slippy likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

And in case you are concerned about having an "economically" priced rifle and worry about the reliability of it...I know a guy who knows a guy who had an economically priced early version AR15 (before the great boating accident of '94) that has/had many thousands of rounds through it.

No problems, no breakdowns, no failures, no replaced parts, and still as accurate as it ever was (before it fell overboard ).
    Prepared One and MountainGirl like this.

2 is 1 theory. With a parts kit just in case.

I am a firm believer everyone should own an AR and AK, if you want you could always buy an AR upper chambered to 7.62x38, dirty running but still running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.

PSA 16" Mid-Length 5.56 NATO 1/7 Nitride Freedom Rifle, Olive Drab Green - 5165450007

$ 449.99

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165450007.html

The Good Cop

I’ve been accumulating guns for 50 years.
    Anyone who loves weapons like me should have a dozen or two dozen rifles.
    Me? Everything from a 1917 German Mauser GEW98 to a Springfield Armory M1A to a Winchester Model 94 to a Remington 7400.
    Even a single shot 45-70.
    But, truth be told, I have no AR’s. Don’t want one.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Now wait a minute...Im from Appalachia....I got 8 boomsticks...and bought 8 more boomsticks for spares for said boomsticks....so then I bought parts for all 16 boomsticks but only 8 stocks....Should I order 16 more stocks or just buy more 16 more boomsticks? What about my 12 long range boomsticks?
    Slippy and MountainGirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I’ve been accumulating guns for 50 years.
    Anyone who loves weapons like me should have a dozen or two dozen rifles.
    Me? Everything from a 1917 German Mauser GEW98 to a Springfield Armory M1A to a Winchester Model 94 to a Remington 7400.
    Even a single shot 45-70.
    But, truth be told, I have no AR’s. Don’t want one.
    Allright RPD, (Slippy grins an evil grin...)

I've "known" you for many years now and truthfully, there is no one whose knowledge of firearms, opinions and insights I value more than yours. You've taught me and all of us plenty and we appreciate it. I trust your word more than you probably think.

But come on Man! You cannot tell me that (money aside) you wouldn't want to have this Wilson Combat in 458 SOCOM! Let me hear it one time, you'd like it wouldn't you?

2 Rifles versus spare parts.-458-socom-new-m-lok1280.jpg

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/recon-sr-tactical/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links