22LR and dry wall
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

22LR and dry wall

This is a discussion on 22LR and dry wall within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; To windy to work on the range. I have been looking for good informantion on the CCI copper 22. Stumbled on this. This is the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 22LR and dry wall

22LR and dry wall

To windy to work on the range. I have been looking for good informantion on the CCI copper 22. Stumbled on this. This is the CCI velocitor
    This is not the Copper 22 CCI . They are listed as 1850 FPS but they are a 21 Gr bullet They may not do well at longer range

Last edited by Smitty901; 02-22-2020 at 10:34 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Ignorant people who have no experience with firearms believe that walls will protect you. HA!

One of our plans if a home invasion occurs, is to lock our bedroom door. We have a small "alcove" where a person has to go through before entering the bedroom. It is separated by a 2x6 wall with R19 Insulation and 1/2" drywall on both sides. We refer to it as our "Choke Point". Anyone who has not been in our house will think that we will be behind the bedroom door, but in reality, we will be behind the wall. So if they get cute and shoot through the door, they will hit nothing.

Should someone with ill intent, attempt to break down our bedroom door, our plan is unleash hell and shoot them through the wall into the alcove area, or choke point where they have to be if they try to enter the bedroom.

A 12g, .45acp, 9mm or 5.56 will make swiss cheese out of an intruder through a stud wall in seconds. And it was proven that a .22 LR will hurt too!
    bigwheel, Smitty901 and stowlin like this.

The Good Cop

I am a big fan of CCI Velocitors, the fastest full 40 grain 22LR there is.
    Most hypersonic 22LR’s derive their speed through using light bullets.

My go-to barnyard defense 22LR’s are Velocitors, CCI Stingers (33 grain), and Remington Yellow Jackets (36 grain).
    Slippy and Smitty901 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Recall solid copper BAT 9mm ammo the Israels were using in their uzis back in the 70s. Supposed to be a super pepetrator at short ranges. Very infefficient nasty old hollowpoint covered by a plastic tip to make it feed.
    Camel923 likes this.

When my wife was using a 22 for carrying. I always kept it loaded with stingers
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

I have my little five shot NAA pocket gun loaded with Mini mags.Those seem fairly zesty.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post

My go-to barnyard defense 22LR’s are Velocitors, CCI Stingers (33 grain), and Remington Yellow Jackets (36 grain).
    Getting the 3 1/2 inch group I seek is a chase. Need the weight to stabilize and enough velocity to carry it to the target. When we use to play with 40gr 308's pushing 4,000 fps they would fly. but often flew apart before finding the target.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post

Getting the 3 1/2 inch group I seek at 300 yards is a chase. Need the weight to stabilize and enough velocity to carry it to the target. When we use to play with 40gr 308's pushing 4,000 fps they would fly. but often flew apart before finding the target. I will settle for hits on 6 inch circle at 300 yards after I nail down 250 yards . Once they get in that 6 inch the race is on to get it the 3 1/2.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 02-22-2020 at 06:22 PM.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by modfan View Post
    When my wife was using a 22 for carrying. I always kept it loaded with stingers
    I have a Charter Arms Pathfinder 22LR snub nose 6 shot revolver that fits wonderfully in the back pocket of my jeans when I'm outside working.
    I keep it loaded with Stingers.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Ignorant people who have no experience with firearms believe that walls will protect you. HA!........
    Yet believe an AR-15 can blow a hole 15 feet wide through 3-foot thick concrete.
    Slippy likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links