22LR and dry wall - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

22LR and dry wall

This is a discussion on 22LR and dry wall within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I would be hesitant to bet my life on 22LR, unless that was all I had. Lucky Gunner has an interesting section with ballistic gel ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 22LR and dry wall

The Good Cop

I would be hesitant to bet my life on 22LR, unless that was all I had.
    Lucky Gunner has an interesting section with ballistic gel testing.
    Here is the 22LR

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/poc...-results/#22LR
    RubberDuck likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I would not be hesitant to bet my life on any weapon I am proficient with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
    I would not be hesitant to bet my life on any weapon I am proficient with.

Oh, a handgun WILL kill someone.
    But if he is very motivated, or high on something like meth, he will have plenty of time to kill you too.

To be sure, a rifle is the best bet.
    But they are not convenient to carry around, and not all states allow it.

What do you think a handgun, any handgun, would do to someone like this CMOHS.org - Second Lieutenant BOBO, JOHN P., U.S. Marine Corps
    This is one I picked at random from the list, there are some truly heroic stories on this site. I urge every American to read some of them.
    RubberDuck likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

With a 22 lr multiple consistent head shots should be possible for someone who trains and proficient with that firearm.
    Don't care what they are on take out the computer the system shuts down.

That being said 22 lr still wouldn't be my first second or third choice however if need be

Last edited by RubberDuck; 02-22-2020 at 09:44 PM.

In the marina I rented a slip for years in San Fransicko there were abandoned derelict boats that they couldn’t even lien sale for they really had no value. I used to joke that it would be cool to take them 20/25 miles out, aim west and see how many rounds it would take to sink them. I was pretty sure such an event would garnish a pretty decent sum / pay day from others interested in shooting up sailboats. I’ve always known my Beneteau would never stop a bucket even a 22. But still it’d be intriguing to see for real. In the city, my condo, was brick and mason work. I always thought that’d hold up pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    In the marina I rented a slip for years in San Fransicko there were abandoned derelict boats that they couldn’t even lien sale for they really had no value. I used to joke that it would be cool to take them 20/25 miles out, aim west and see how many rounds it would take to sink them. I was pretty sure such an event would garnish a pretty decent sum / pay day from others interested in shooting up sailboats. I’ve always known my Beneteau would never stop a bucket even a 22. But still it’d be intriguing to see for real. In the city, my condo, was brick and mason work. I always thought that’d hold up pretty good.
    Better than a 2x6 wood framed one anyway. I looked at just about every form of house construction (geodesic dome, concrete block, steel frame, SIP, straw bale, etc) before we built our home, and Insulated Concrete Form won out. Not that ICF was better in every category for the features I wanted but it ranked high in every one. Ballistic protection is one category where it was the best (within our budget anyway), and it's very comforting to sleep behind 8" of reinforced concrete. I do wish I'd used ICF for the interior bedroom walls, not perfect but a good start for a safe/panic room.

Vid testing wood frame, brick, and ICF walls against firearms and explosives.
    stowlin likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links