Henry X model
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Henry X model

This is a discussion on Henry X model within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Henry finally came out with a rifle that I want. With a side loading gate and mag tube for the best of both worlds. Threaded ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Chipper
  • 1 Post By Chipper
  • 2 Post By Chiefster23

Thread: Henry X model

Henry X model

Henry finally came out with a rifle that I want. With a side loading gate and mag tube for the best of both worlds. Threaded barrel and pistol grip stock. Calibers include 357, 44mag and 45 colt plus 45/70 and 410 shotgun. Looks like a great little rifle for having a pistol/rifle combo in the same caliber. MSRP looks like $970 but cost is around $680 so look around for a deal.

44mag is on my list for a buddy to the 629's.

https://www.henryusa.com/x-models/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Henry X model-dsc02618-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Chipper; 02-05-2020 at 06:08 AM.
    RedLion and Slippy like this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Um ... I dunno I'm a purist when it come to lever actions. I'm having trouble warming up to that Henry. Lever guns should not have rails, scopes and synthetic stocks on them that's just wrong!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

I'll agree with the synthetic stocks. Never liked the cheap rough plastic. Why not a nice Hogue rubber stock. Suppose could swap out the plastic for a walnut which would make for a pretty cool rifle.
    hawgrider likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    I'll agree with the synthetic stocks. Never liked the cheap rough plastic. Why not a nice Hogue rubber stock. Suppose could swap out the plastic for a walnut which would make for a pretty cool rifle.
    I can see how I could make use of one if I had a nice big ranch Id be more apt to throw that in the back of a gator or a pickup while riding the fence line as it would handle abuse better than a fine wood stock.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Two of our 336 have had scopes on them from the day they came home. Something would be wrong with out them. early in their life they took a fair number of deer.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Synthetic stocks are ugly. But they don’t shrink or swell, are resistant to dents, and overall are lighter and more durable. Most of my recently acquired guns have synthetic stocks since now I value durability and function over looks. But hey, I get it! Buy what you like!
    hawgrider and Smitty901 like this.

Sponsored Links