Henry lever action .22LR - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Henry lever action .22LR

This is a discussion on Henry lever action .22LR within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by paulag1955 But how? I don't see how a sling can support the weight of the barrel when I'm shooting. (P.S. I admit ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Henry lever action .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    But how? I don't see how a sling can support the weight of the barrel when I'm shooting. (P.S. I admit to being spatially challenged and it's difficult for me to picture this sort of thing.
    I knew others would jump in with video. Sling is a tool . There are many ways to use one depending on your goal. Watch the video and when you are ready try it. Once you have figured it out then go out and place a few rounds down range.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    There in an organization that teaches basic rifle marksmanship. Search “Appleseedinfo.org”. They teach old-school USGI technique using a basic rifle sling. I highly recommend attend one of these basic classes. They’re fun, very informative, and you WILL learn the value of properly using a sling. I try to attend one of these classes every year as a refresher and to maintain my skills.
    That seems to be a local/Southern organization. I'm going to ask my husband if he knows how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    That seems to be a local/Southern organization. I'm going to ask my husband if he knows how this works.
    I believe you are in Oregon or Washington State. Appleseed has training events in both states. They are all over the country.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I believe you are in Oregon or Washington State. Appleseed has training events in both states. They are all over the country.
    Got it, thanks. I see it now. I needed to look in a different spot. And some of the events are quite near me.
    Last edited by paulag1955; 02-06-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcosta View Post
    Sorry for joining in this thread late and not reading all posts. But I just wanted to add something unusual about the lever action 22.

We experimented with QUIET 22 rounds, from the 1050 fps down to about the 450 Feet Per Second.

Once you get below 1050, automatics jam about every other round. Not so with the 610 and 490 fps range rounds.

If considering the rifle, I suggest you buy a box of the 450 rage and test drive it through a regular 22 for the sound difference experience.

P. S. The 610 is a LR round, the 490 fps is a short round.
    Didnt run any exhaustive tests other than if held mostly level my old Marlins would chamber anything you could buy and deliver it down range with pinpoint accuracy..and quiet as mouse. Definitely front heavy which helps me hit things..I had 10 22. Thats like shooting a pistol.lol. Total back heavy..short sight radius plus crappy sights.I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with that thing. Or things Ive had two over the years..the last one I traded to by Brother for a SS Marling with a Scope. I took him preety good huh?

I have one, it’s the blue steel carbine version with the large D loop, I love that rifle. No sling on it so I will leave that alone. Fantastic quality, don’t even think twice about getting one. You won’t regret it.
    "Every day above ground is a good one" Author KO

I have one (H001) and I love it. It shoots .22 short, long and long rifle. Very accurate and the action is smooth as butter.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away...Support the Second Amendment!

If they stand behind you, protect them.
    If they stand beside you, respect them.
    If they stand against you, defeat them.

Well built rifle, have never had to work on one.

The price seems high to me, but I am inherently cheap.

MY 22 RF rifles consist of a Marlin 39A, a Ruger 10-22 and a AR-7.

Buy a Henry and pass it on for generations to come. US made and the pretty much make it all in the plant. cost a bit more but well wort it. There are some firearms when you put them on the bench ,that is the only statement you need to make.
    Henry is one of them.
    rice paddy daddy and SOCOM42 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_doctor View Post
    A little visual aid so you get the gist of it. works well with any 2 point sling, a Rhodesian sling works a little better.
    Learnt to wrap the arm up in the sling at the tender age of about 11 at the shootin range at the summer boy scout camp. Crusty old military guy taught us the ropes. They had some kinda huge clunky .22 Single shots with peep sites..and let us shoot clay piegons with .22 rat shot out of huge and clunky single shot bolt action smoothbore .22s designed to only shoot rat shot. It was pretty kinky.
    Snake_doctor likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links