Henry lever action .22LR - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Henry lever action .22LR

This is a discussion on Henry lever action .22LR within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by jimcosta Sorry for joining in this thread late and not reading all posts. But I just wanted to add something unusual about ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Henry lever action .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by jimcosta View Post
    Sorry for joining in this thread late and not reading all posts. But I just wanted to add something unusual about the lever action 22.

We experimented with QUIET 22 rounds, from the 1050 fps down to about the 450 Feet Per Second.

Once you get below 1050, automatics jam about every other round. Not so with the 610 and 490 fps range rounds.

If considering the rifle, I suggest you buy a box of the 450 rage and test drive it through a regular 22 for the sound difference experience.

P. S. The 610 is a LR round, the 490 fps is a short round.
    The 610 is a LR round, the 490 fps is a short round. What are you going to do with that. Dam BB gun.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Sling
    How does that help support the barrel?

When used as it is meant to be just a Sling provides support for the weapon. It allows better balance and hold on the weapon. Once learned it is easy and to use. Many of the early service weapons were 9 lbs on low end and closer to 13 pounds when in use.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Smitty: Great question about quiet 22 rounds. We are in a rural location. We intend to train members how to shoot in a manner no one can hear us.
    We can also add a "solvent catcher" and use the 22 or 17 calibers for totally silent hunting. Just another option.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

The Good Cop

I've had a regular, blue model Henry for almost 2 decades.
    Mine is the Youth Model, both the barrel and length of pull are shorter. I am 6'3" and it fits me just fine. I like it because it is shorter and handier than a full size.

When I first got it I had a slight problem with the extractor. I called the Henry company phone line, and Mr. Imperato himself answered.
    He listened to my problem and told me to send it back, they'd fix it for free. I told him there was no way I was turning this beautiful rifle loose, and could he just send me the new part?
    He transferred me to the head of the repair dept who said he would send the new extractor, and gave me his personal phone number in case I had any problems.
    THAT, my friends, is customer service!!

You can never go wrong buying a Henry product. Plus they are about the only rifle company that uses 100% American sourced parts.
    Inor, Smitty901 and hawgrider like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    When used as it is meant to be just a Sling provides support for the weapon. It allows better balance and hold on the weapon.
    But how? I don't see how a sling can support the weight of the barrel when I'm shooting. (P.S. I admit to being spatially challenged and it's difficult for me to picture this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    But how? I don't see how a sling can support the weight of the barrel when I'm shooting. (P.S. I admit to being spatially challenged and it's difficult for me to picture this sort of thing.
    A sling can be used to wrap your arm, which is supporting the firearm. A properly wrapped arm is steadier.
    paulag1955 and bigwheel like this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

A little visual aid so you get the gist of it. works well with any 2 point sling, a Rhodesian sling works a little better.
    Who dares, wins. 1st Para BN 1946 - 2010

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_doctor View Post
    A little visual aid so you get the gist of it. works well with any 2 point sling, a Rhodesian sling works a little better.
    Exactly.
    I was in during the M14 time frame, and the Army Drill Sergeants taught this, called the "combat sling". We used this every time we were shooting from the standing, kneeling, or sitting positions.
    We got lots of range time in the 8 weeks of Basic Training, and it became an automatic thing to do this whenever raising the rifle to shoot.
    I still do this 52 years later.
    Almost all my rifles have simple 2 point slings, just for this purpose.
    It helps with recoil, too. Nothing says "hello" like a nice 30-06 or 308 rifle that has a steel butt plate.
    Snake_doctor and SOCOM42 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

There in an organization that teaches basic rifle marksmanship. Search “Appleseedinfo.org”. They teach old-school USGI technique using a basic rifle sling. I highly recommend attend one of these basic classes. They’re fun, very informative, and you WILL learn the value of properly using a sling. I try to attend one of these classes every year as a refresher and to maintain my skills.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links