Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Athlon 6-24X50 scope group

470 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Smitty901 
#1 · (Edited)
I had ordered a second Athlon 6-24X50 FFP scope. this morning after a pot of coffee I notice I had a Vortex mount that would work for it , so I mounted it on A RPR 6.5 Creedmoore. 15 degrees out bright sun and light wind. 15 degrees out I used the in door mark on the wall for a close zero. There was a target up so I taped the holes and shot. High and slight left, adjusted. 3 shots touching went back inside put it away for now.
I was using the scope on 6X and shoot good Horniday ammo. the target was a 50 yard pistol target so the center was block out by cross hairs a bit small at 100 yards

Darn target is side ways in the post

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: oldditchdoctor
#3 ·
15 degrees was why I stopped when 3 over lapped. On my way to meeting my goal of having 1 or very Ruger RPR. I am a Vortex fan and supporter , but for the value Athlon is becoming very common in this house.
I put a 6-24X50 on an AR10 308 today also . All I had laying around that I did not have to open were some cheap steel case stuff. Burnt up those ten rounds all hit Minute of man but I don't expect good groups from them 2-3 inches at 100 yards stuff is slightly above junk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.