Soviet era bakelite magazines.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Soviet era bakelite magazines. within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Well, some kind of a fiberglass/resin compound. But I bought 4. They are retro and cool. Make my Npap AK look sweet. They have a ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By csi-tech
  • 2 Post By rice paddy daddy
  • 2 Post By Back Pack Hack
  • 2 Post By SOCOM42

Thread: Soviet era bakelite magazines.

Well, some kind of a fiberglass/resin compound. But I bought 4. They are retro and cool. Make my Npap AK look sweet. They have a woodgrain apperance, metal reinforcements and cryllic markings. They pretty much dried up so I scored these from SGammo and DK firearms for around $50.00 each. They also work great.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

The Good Cop

Wow! $50 EACH?
    I've got 10 East German surplus steel mags for $8.99 each.
    If I ever need more than 10 mags the kimchee is so deep I'm gonna need an air strike.
    SOCOM42 and RedLion like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    Well, some kind of a fiberglass/resin compound. But I bought 4. ........ for around $50.00 each. ........
    Boy, did they see you coming!
    SOCOM42 and Smitty901 like this.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Those are great if you want to look period authentic.

Myself I don't care, I have got well over a 100 left of new in wrap early Chicom steel mags.

Got some Poly and Norinco guns to go with them.

They ran less than $3.00 each when I bought them in bulk.

Those will break if dropped hard.

If you are happy, who cares?
    rice paddy daddy and RedLion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    Well, some kind of a fiberglass/resin compound. But I bought 4. They are retro and cool. Make my Npap AK look sweet. They have a woodgrain apperance, metal reinforcements and cryllic markings. They pretty much dried up so I scored these from SGammo and DK firearms for around $50.00 each. They also work great.
    Classic Firearms still had them in stock up until yesterday.

There are so many AK mags ranging from slab sides for $75.00 each, Fleur de lis bosnians for 600.00, aluminum waffles for 200.00 etc.I sold my last ones for significantly more than I paid. Plan to hang on to these. After the russian import ban these dried up. They were listed at 89.00-100.00 by some retailers. Yeah, not smart but it's Christmas and daddy wanted some more bakes.

Those new in wrapper Chinese steel mags are bringing as much as $78.00. I like to buy hundreds of surplus mags at a time for stupid cheap. Sometimes....
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Sponsored Links