Musings on the Budget AR15 - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Musings on the Budget AR15

This is a discussion on Musings on the Budget AR15 within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Mad Trapper M14 was still in action into 201X? Ever shot one? It has THE BEST open sights. Shoot opens at 500 ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Musings on the Budget AR15

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    M14 was still in action into 201X?

Ever shot one? It has THE BEST open sights. Shoot opens at 500 yds?

I got to shoot a Nelson build one, all/20 of the magazine in one ragged hole at 100 yrds. Cheap UMC 150gr ball ammo too.
    In inventory and issued out . It did not last as the issued weapon. Big difference. Also many of those issue out to designated marksmen had work done to improve them. Yes I shot many of them. M14 has a lot of unearned hype attached to them.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    If They would have had the manufacturing ability The AR10 would have hands down been chosen and there would be no M14. They knew when the selected it it was wrong. That is why it was the shortest issue weapon ever. The AR10 out did it in every way.
    They knew that . Research the history. The m14 was many problems 1 big one is it was not very accurate unless a lot of work was done to it . The AR10 is nothing but and enlarged AR15 .
    I have an m1 Garand it is cool but not anywhere near an AR10.
    Mmmm, . . . might want to take a re-look at some of that Smitty, . . . from what I was told, . . . M14's were in the field as early as 1958, . . . still being used today, . . . with the biggest change only being in the stock itself. That's something on the line 61 years, . . . cannot recall any other rifle holding it's own for so long.

AND, . . . it is well documented history, . . . AR10 will not hold up to the torture the M14 laughed at, . . . they literally went to pieces after several thousand rounds.

My M14 I carried in 'Nam, . . . take out pop cans at 100 yds with impunity, . . . that's way better than 1 minute of bad guy.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Mmmm, . . . might want to take a re-look at some of that Smitty, . . . from what I was told, . . . M14's were in the field as early as 1958, . . . still being used today, . . . with the biggest change only being in the stock itself. That's something on the line 61 years, . . . cannot recall any other rifle holding it's own for so long.

AND, . . . it is well documented history, . . . AR10 will not hold up to the torture the M14 laughed at, . . . they literally went to pieces after several thousand rounds.

My M14 I carried in 'Nam, . . . take out pop cans at 100 yds with impunity, . . . that's way better than 1 minute of bad guy.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    M14 was a stop gap weapon and a failure. That is why they replaced it. Yes that had many in inventory and still use them but many of those had to be reworked. They knew day one the M14 was a mistake. They were looking for the replacement before the first one was ever issued. The Ar's were around in the 50's just not up to manufacturing ability. Latter the Ar15 they called it an M16a1 did replace the m14

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    In inventory and issued out . It did not last as the issued weapon. Big difference. Also many of those issue out to designated marksmen had work done to improve them. Yes I shot many of them. M14 has a lot of unearned hype attached to them.
    So, it's BULLSHIt the M14 was not in action from day 1, until TODAY!!!

Show me where thy are not use 12/9 2019? Navy sure has them!

Prove me wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
    m14 was a stop gap weapon and a failure. That is why they replaced it. Yes that had many in inventory and still use them but many of those had to be reworked. They knew day one the m14 was a mistake. They were looking for the replacement before the first one was ever issued. The ar's were around in the 50's just not up to manufacturing ability. Latter the ar15 they called it an m16a1 did replace the m14
    rofl!!!!

So, it's BULLSHIt the M14 was not in action from day 1, until TODAY!!!

Show me where thy are not use 12/9 2019? Navy sure has them!

Prove me wrong!
    Did not say in action it was no longer a normal issue.

You might enjoy this

Boss Dog likes this.

The Good Cop

Well you could add the AK and SKS, commie guns Instead of denigradging two fine US service rifles.

Durabilty? Ask RPD about AR vs AK.

Any serviceman bitch about a Garand/M14 jamming?
    For the record, I do own an AKM.
    A Romanian.
    It will be operating long after an equally priced AR is a steaming pile of junk.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

[QUOTE=Smitty901;1954707]Did not say in action it was no longer a normal issue.

BS see what the Navy has NOW

M14 don't weigh much more ~10 lbs loaded.

Ever shot one? Or a match one?

Yea they can make ARs cheaper and shoot as good.

I like a good mini 14 better than an AR.
    Haven't shot many ARs but shot a couple of old minis a lot in the 70s-80s. Had one of my own then the State up and bought some intended for a S. American Military who ordered em but ran out of money to pay or cancelled for some reason. They gave us those and took away our thutty thuttys..sniff sniff. Anyway the guns came equipped with Bayonet lugs. Always loved both and about as reliable feeders as any gun I ever had. They could digest all the crappy hand loads I could come up with. Accuracy was the primary drawback. Short sight radius and back heavy don't help either. Bothe euqipped with peep sites..which are hated by all non military folks. They were not tack drivers..especially after the skinny little barrel got heated up. I could consistently shoot a tighter group with a pistol than one of guns at a hundred yards from a rest. Suspect they would rank near an AK in that area. Heard they replaced the two piece bolt face with a solid one a few years back. That was supposed to be a hindrance to accuracy according to the gun magazines anyway. Would not mind to own a newer model made to take a scope. They can dress em up to look like scary military guns. Nearly bought one not long before retiring. Prob shoulda. The snobs say they dont have as good of gas expelling gizmo as ARs..have to clean it more often i think.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 12-09-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    For the record, I do own an AKM.
    A Romanian.
    It will be operating long after an equally priced AR is a steaming pile of junk.
    Don't you mean a steaming pile of turd?

RPD?

You used to be able to a SKS for $150

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links