I just bought a Vortex

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I just bought a Vortex

This is a discussion on I just bought a Vortex within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Crossfire 1-4 for my C308. I bought it because it doesn't have a big objective bell like everything else. I figured the field of view ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By csi-tech
  • 2 Post By Slippy

Thread: I just bought a Vortex

I just bought a Vortex

Crossfire 1-4 for my C308. I bought it because it doesn't have a big objective bell like everything else. I figured the field of view would be awful but it seems to be a quality piece. Great warranty too. It almost seems purpose built for roller lock guns as there's plenty of room for the charging handle. Anyone else use a similar scope?
    Denton, Slippy and RedLion like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

I've got a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9 have had it for a few years now on a Colt LE6920. No issues and I've banged this gun around quite a bit. Loctite of course, on the fasteners helps keep it nice and snug.

Good quality and I'd buy another Vortex product for sure.
    Last edited by Slippy; 10-02-2019 at 07:47 AM.
    Denton and csi-tech like this.

I am assuming you mean a 1-4X24. 24 objective is good enough for most normal 308 ranges providing you do not require a larger field of view. Own several Vortex no complaints .
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have a vortex 1-4 power scope on one of my Daughter's AR15s. An almost perfect mag range for most using an AR, plus with practice you can use it on 1 power like a red dot.

I did notice how clear the glass is on these and once you get it focused on the 1 power setting you sure can use it like a red dot. In that capacity I have to say it's as nice as my Wife's Aimpoint and less than half the price. I'm loving it so far. And it's single plane to boot.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

I have 3 of them on different rifles. For the price point, its one of the best scope offerings. Get yourself another one.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I may have to look further into Vortex, I have a Colt 4X on my ar but doesn't have the eye relief that I would like. Something for me to think about.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 10-02-2019 at 08:44 PM.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    I did notice how clear the glass is on these and once you get it focused on the 1 power setting you sure can use it like a red dot. In that capacity I have to say it's as nice as my Wife's Aimpoint and less than half the price. I'm loving it so far. And it's single plane to boot.
    Are you talking about one of their scopes or redots sights ?
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Are you talking about one of their scopes or redots sights ?
    He responded to my post right above him.

Sponsored Links