.308 Win Semi or 300 Win Mag Bolt Action? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

.308 Win Semi or 300 Win Mag Bolt Action?

This is a discussion on .308 Win Semi or 300 Win Mag Bolt Action? within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Swimmer1 The purpose of disabling a material target at a distance that doesn't allow you to take any "Incoming" from Hostiles? I ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: .308 Win Semi or 300 Win Mag Bolt Action?

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmer1 View Post
    The purpose of disabling a material target at a distance that doesn't allow you to take any "Incoming" from Hostiles?

I believe we have had this conversation before on other networks.

Green Peace harassed the Scientists in Antarctica and I was "Green Lighted" to shoot. So instead of taking down people on the Zodiacs, I took out the Outboard Motor's and gave them a "Missouri Boat Ride" (see "Outlaw Josie Whales")

About that self defense: I'm not defending myself, I'm defending the loved ones of Our Service Members that entrusted the care of those they left behind to me while they served Our Country. If they all survive until Our Service Members return to cover them under thier wing, do with me what you wish........
    None of this is relative to this forum.

A long time ago I was able to kill people with a 120 MM smooth bore at 2,500 M, that is not relevant here either.

For your designated purpose I would go to a Barrett 50 CAL, that is a purpose built round for anti material.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 10-02-2019 at 05:50 AM.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    No, not other networks but here with you under a different screen name.
    You will remember I am the one with a BPT built M-25.
    I recall this conversation on the SOCNET & M14 Network if I can be so bold! Perhaps I am mistaken. Yet I'm under the impression that the Army Scrapped all the 7.62x51mm systems in favor of the 300 Win Mag years ago?

None of this is relative to this forum.

A long ago I was able to kill people with a 120 MM smooth bore at 2,500 M, that is not relevant here either.

For your designated purpose I would go to a Barrett 50 CAL, that is a purpose built round for anti material.
    Not interested in killing people, I'd prefer to just keep them out of the engagement. Call in Airsupport and I can accomplish most anything. But between the .308 Win Semiautomatic and 300 Win Mag Bolt Action on your shoulder as your wading chest deep in Florida Marsh, which was it that you chose again? Thanks for your input.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmer1 View Post
    I recall this conversation on the SOCNET & M14 Network if I can be so bold! Perhaps I am mistaken. Yet I'm under the impression that the Army Scrapped all the 7.62x51mm systems in favor of the 300 Win Mag years ago?

Impossible, never been on either of them.

It was here and your name included the word Diver, banned by Denton.

You were given the nickname here of sand crab due to your everglade and tidal romps.

Army still uses both rounds and rifles to suite.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 10-01-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Impossible, never been on either of them.

It was here and your name included the word Diver, banned by Denton.

You were given the nickname here of sand crab due to you everglade and tidal romps.

Army still uses both rounds and rifles to suite.
    Perhaps there is another gentleman that built M-14's for a living on those networks and I've confused you for Him. Did you spend a lifetime building M-14's for a major arms manufacturer that was guilted by Smith Enterprise Inc?

I detect an ...........

.308 Win Semi or 300 Win Mag Bolt Action?-irritable-colon.png
    SOCOM42 and bigwheel like this.

I now stand corrected, there was no "diver" in the name, that was the occupation.

The screen name was M118LR, I went to bed trying to figure it out, kept me awake until I did.

I has been about three years, must have changed routers, eh?

Yes I worked at H&R off and on from 1957 until 1975, and on the M14 the early years.

I don't understand your SEI question.

Now I can go to sleep.

You will be banned again for sneaking back in here.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 10-01-2019 at 10:58 PM.

I now stand corrected, there was no "diver" in the name, that was the occupation.

The screen name was M118LR, I went to bed trying to figure it out, kept me awake until I did.

I has been about three years, must have changed routers, eh?

Yes I worked at H&R off and on from 1957 until 1975, and on the M14 the early years.

I don't understand your SEI question.

Now I can go to sleep.

You will be banned again for sneaking back in here.
    Yeah, the bug. Wasn't he the guy that could shoot you dead from 8 miles out with a 22, or something to that effect? Forgot about that guy.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Yeah, the bug. Wasn't he the guy that could shoot you dead from 8 miles out with a 22, or something to that effect? Forgot about that guy.
    Yes, him.

Terminate A whole chinko SF squad coming over a tidal sand spit from 1,200 yards with a suppressed 300 Winni, all head shots.

All that from inside a DSRV with the deck awash.

Glad I never ran into any one like him on the OPFOR, I would not be typing this and my dick would be on a lodge pole.

Memory retention is a bitch if you don't have it, and even worse if you do.

In this case it is a lack of.
    Prepared One likes this.

Current Army inventory list of long range weapons is long and wide range of calibers. Unlikely most will pay for the equipment they have now. Ranges you are looking at the 300 win mag would clearly do best even then would require a good weapon and practice. What do you really plan on shooting at those ranges
    SOCOM42 and Swimmer1 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links