Short range report 338 Lapua
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Short range report 338 Lapua within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Finally had time and place to fire the 338 Lapua. Mounted an Athlon FFP 6-24X50 on it. Had done a simple look down the bore ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Short range report 338 Lapua

Finally had time and place to fire the 338 Lapua. Mounted an Athlon FFP 6-24X50 on it. Had done a simple look down the bore 100 yard zero. Shooting 250 BT hunting round at 100 yards. Surprising zero was not far off few clicks good to go.
    Paper at 100 yards little to no wind shoot from elevated platform 3 degrees down angle . Prone with bi-pod. Trigger is great set at about 2.5 pounds. The Muzzle Brake is very effective, surprisingly little recoil. I am sure the 15 pounds bear weight plays into that. The shots hit their mark. More down the road, it will get a full testing
    Slippy, stowlin, dwight55 and 3 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

What does that run to shoot $3-4 bucks a round ?

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    What does that run to shoot $3-4 bucks a round ?
    $2.50 and up You can find good rounds on sale at $2.50. Not something you will do a whole day at the range with. Match grade 20 rounds good brands $80-90 .
    dwight55, bigwheel and stowlin like this.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    $2.50 and up You can find good rounds on sale at $2.50. Not something you will do a whole day at the range with. Match grade 20 rounds good brands $80-90 .
    Ouch,............

May God bless,
    Dwight
    bigwheel likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Ouch,............

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Cheaper that the 50 . 300 win mag short is $30 and up a box . But yes it would not be something you just burn ammo with.
    stowlin likes this.

Kind of the reason I stayed with the 300 Win mag and got rid of the 338L. Can use all the same bullets for my 300BO, 30-06, 308 and the 300 WM. That's absolutely ridiculous 90 bucks for 20.

Post up some pictures when you get a chance. Always love a good range report over arguing about politics all the time. Have a couple myself to report on once it cools off and kills the bugs. Hard to shoot a nice group when your getting hammered by all the mosquitoes and horse flies.
    RedLion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Kind of the reason I stayed with the 300 Win mag and got rid of the 338L. Can use all the same bullets for my 300BO, 30-06, 308 and the 300 WM. That's absolutely ridiculous 90 bucks for 20.

Post up some pictures when you get a chance. Always love a good range report over arguing about politics all the time. Have a couple myself to report on once it cools off and kills the bugs. Hard to shoot a nice group when your getting hammered by all the mosquitoes and horse flies.
    This is it before I mounted the scope. Scope is temporary. I took it off another while I save to get what I want for it. Some things you do just because you can. Right or wrong once I purchase a firearm it stay in the family for life.
    I will never sell a firearm to anyone. I know that going into any purchase.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gvJ2nU]
    Last edited by Smitty901; 08-24-2019 at 07:51 AM.
    stowlin, Slippy, Chipper and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Ouch,............

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Cant afford to shoot many bad guys at those prices. They will have to stick with getting shot with a .22 LR..or a thutty thutty at my house. lol.
    stowlin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Cant afford to shoot many bad guys at those prices. They will have to stick with getting shot with a .22 LR..or a thutty thutty at my house. lol.
    .22 100yards maybe a bit more. 338 lapua RPR 1,500 yards and beyond How do you worry about a couple bucks. As I said before sometimes it is just because you can
    bigwheel and stowlin like this.

Thats true. If they was free I would certainly want one. Never did get too interested in precision long distance rifle shooting but it seems like a lot of fun from the pics and reports. One of my old pals called Sarge who hangs at the Sports Grill is a sniper at heart. I will ask him what he prefers and convey the Lapua report for his cirtique. He often smokes half a cuban ceegar between shots. He dont play on the internet that I know of.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links