Another unplanned range day
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Another unplanned range day within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Get a text at 0600 Son in law is picking his RPR 6.5 Creedmoore up. On and off rain means I am not getting what ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By Smitty901

Thread: Another unplanned range day

Get a text at 0600 Son in law is picking his RPR 6.5 Creedmoore up. On and off rain means I am not getting what I planned one. Granddaughter off to school he shows up. I have a scope laying around so we mount it and out we go with a few drop of rain . Quick sight in and 3 holes over lapping at 100 yards shooting 140 Hornady ,same with some Hornady 129 Whitetail. Shot so darn goo it was almost boring at 100 yards.
    No reason to quit drag out the AR coyote I have been working on . Good chance to try the .223 75gr The 73 grain Hornady was right on at 100 yards I had expected these to be close. The 75 gr shot much lower and raising the aim point to the 200 yards mark put them right on at 100 yards. Hard to except that 2 gr made that much difference at such close range. Need to look at this some more.
    Put some rounds through one of the Ar10's in 6.5 Creedmoore. I had been having a slight issue with marks on the cases with it but it fire great and functioned as it should. Yesterday not one scratch on the spent cases. The only thing that changed was the Mag . Seems there maybe a defective mag in the pile. A lot of ammo 4 weapons to clean and rain storm staring again the day was over.
    What was unplanned turned out to be very productive.
    Slippy, RedLion, Gunn and 1 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Get a text at 0600 Son in law is picking his RPR 6.5 Creedmoore up. On and off rain means I am not getting what I planned one. Granddaughter off to school he shows up. I have a scope laying around so we mount it and out we go with a few drop of rain . Quick sight in and 3 holes over lapping at 100 yards shooting 140 Hornady ,same with some Hornady 129 Whitetail. Shot so darn goo it was almost boring at 100 yards.
    No reason to quit drag out the AR coyote I have been working on . Good chance to try the .223 75gr The 73 grain Hornady was right on at 100 yards I had expected these to be close. The 75 gr shot much lower and raising the aim point to the 200 yards mark put them right on at 100 yards. Hard to except that 2 gr made that much difference at such close range. Need to look at this some more.
    Put some rounds through one of the Ar10's in 6.5 Creedmoore. I had been having a slight issue with marks on the cases with it but it fire great and functioned as it should. Yesterday not one scratch on the spent cases. The only thing that changed was the Mag . Seems there maybe a defective mag in the pile. A lot of ammo 4 weapons to clean and rain storm staring again the day was over.
    What was unplanned turned out to be very productive.
    Always fun shooting. Scratches on cases on AR platform rifles is often related to the feed ramps having some sharp edges. Pretty easy to smooth out ramps if it comes back as an issue for you.
    Last edited by RedLion; Today at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Always fun shooting. Scratches on cases on AR platform rifles is often related to the feed ramps having some sharp edges. Pretty easy to smooth out ramps if it comes back as an issue for you.
    Yes what I found strange is is seems to be only with the mag I was using that day. It did not do it yesterday. Because the AR10 and the RPR use the same Mags we only took two out with us. Those were the new ones that came with his RPR.
    RedLion likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Sponsored Links