AR 15 buffer H1 H2 or H3 save money!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on AR 15 buffer H1 H2 or H3 save money! within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; If you want a heavier buffer in your carbine, don’t waste money on these buffers. There is a website called Purtungsten.com that sells just the ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Texas
  • 1 Post By Schattentarn

Thread: AR 15 buffer H1 H2 or H3 save money!

If you want a heavier buffer in your carbine, don’t waste money on these buffers. There is a website called Purtungsten.com that sells just the 1.5 oz tungsten buffer weights in packs of three for $22.00! If you have a hammer and a punch you can make three H2 buffers for $44.00 like I did (since I found those work the best in my guns). That’s the price of buying one complete H2 buffer! Heck of a deal.
    Slippy, Smitty901 and RedLion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    If you want a heavier buffer in your carbine, don’t waste money on these buffers. There is a website called Purtungsten.com that sells just the 1.5 oz tungsten buffer weights in packs of three for $22.00! If you have a hammer and a punch you can make three H2 buffers for $44.00 like I did (since I found those work the best in my guns). That’s the price of buying one complete H2 buffer! Heck of a deal.
    Yes, I used another company but I did make a H2 buffer. That turned out to be too much as did the super heavy duty buffer spring which went with it so I re-modified it to a H1 (or just H) buffer and a slightly strong spring that mil spec for a 16 inch barrel. It works fine and is easy once you get the pin out of the buffer. There are plenty of videos on how to do this.
    RedLion likes this.

I have changed the weights on two AR's as mentioned by OP. One was a pistol lower.

Sponsored Links