Gun Show Fun - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gun Show Fun

This is a discussion on Gun Show Fun within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by 11c1p I don't know how it is at other gun shows, in other states, but they've definitely changed around here. When I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Gun Show Fun

Quote Originally Posted by 11c1p View Post
    I don't know how it is at other gun shows, in other states, but they've definitely changed around here. When I used to go with my dad in the late 70's & 80's, gun shows were a place that you could actually barter/trade, not to mention haggle over prices. Some booths now you can haggle a bit, but most not really. Even rarer to find a booth that's willing to accept trades, even as partial payment. Also when back then, they actually used to have lectures & demonstrations you could go to. Now days it's almost all just people from brick & mortar stores having a gun show "sale" at their booth with prices around the same price as they are in their store. There are huge swaths of tables taken up with people taking their CWP tests, which while I'm all for people getting their CWP, do we really need to take up 1/2 the booths in the show for CWP testing? It's been a few years since I've even gone back to one. I hope some day they will return to what they used to be, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Take the initiative... contact the show promoters and tell 'em this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

I don't know how it is at other gun shows, in other states, but they've definitely changed around here. When I used to go with my dad in the late 70's & 80's, gun shows were a place that you could actually barter/trade, not to mention haggle over prices. Some booths now you can haggle a bit, but most not really. Even rarer to find a booth that's willing to accept trades, even as partial payment. Also when back then, they actually used to have lectures & demonstrations you could go to. Now days it's almost all just people from brick & mortar stores having a gun show "sale" at their booth with prices around the same price as they are in their store. There are huge swaths of tables taken up with people taking their CWP tests, which while I'm all for people getting their CWP, do we really need to take up 1/2 the booths in the show for CWP testing? It's been a few years since I've even gone back to one. I hope some day they will return to what they used to be, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I miss those days as well. I used to have a table at guns shows maybe 8-10 times a year with my knife business... back in the 80's and 90's. Buy sell, trade, barter, dicker. See new things and very OLD things you wanted to buy. People walking up with cool stuff (maybe a Colt Officers, Commander, maybe an H&K Paratrooper, maybe a COP .357, or a Wildey, or a LAR Grizzly) and I would be able to legally trade my stuff for their stuff. Had all SORTSA cool guns I traded for knife stock. That world is gone now sadly.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

I still go once in a while. If you want a deal at a gun show these days, your best bet is hang out in the parking lot and see what people are carrying in or out. I got a nice 6" .357 for $175 a few years ago after the guys with the tables showed no interest.
    youngridge and StratMaster like this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    I still go once in a while. If you want a deal at a gun show these days, your best bet is hang out in the parking lot and see what people are carrying in or out. I got a nice 6" .357 for $175 a few years ago after the guys with the tables showed no interest.
    That was a great way to get a deal on a good weapon... except it's been done away with now by our state legislature. No more gun show "loophole" sales (meaning no buying/selling your own private property as you see fit).
    11c1p likes this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    That was a great way to get a deal on a good weapon... except it's been done away with now by our state legislature. No more gun show "loophole" sales (meaning no buying/selling your own private property as you see fit).
    Luckily that crap has not made it here yet.
    StratMaster likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

I'd love to have someone explain why selling a gun at a gun show is a 'loophole', as opposed to selling one in your driveway.
    StratMaster, 11c1p and Slippy like this.

I miss those days as well. I used to have a table at guns shows maybe 8-10 times a year with my knife business... back in the 80's and 90's. Buy sell, trade, barter, dicker. See new things and very OLD things you wanted to buy. People walking up with cool stuff (maybe a Colt Officers, Commander, maybe an H&K Paratrooper, maybe a COP .357, or a Wildey, or a LAR Grizzly) and I would be able to legally trade my stuff for their stuff. Had all SORTSA cool guns I traded for knife stock. That world is gone now sadly.
    If the guys that run the shows had their way, all the tables would only be stuff you could use at a SASS event. Not to mention they all know more about guns than you & your 10 best friends combined.
    StratMaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    I'd love to have someone explain why selling a gun at a gun show is a 'loophole', as opposed to selling one in your driveway.
    There is no gun show loophole. Most guntards have no clue what the laws are. These people think, like barry said once, that you can walk into your corner stop & rob and buy a machine gun. Most anybody that knows anything about guns (Which rules out almost all the dumocrats, MSM & politicians) knows getting an actual machine gun legally is damn near impossible & you better have deep pockets to buy a legally transferable full auto firearm. They don't know that the vast majority of the sellers at gun shows have to get the form 4473 filled out & phone in the background check (unless you have a CWP, at least in my state) just like you would if you were in a regular gun shop. The private transfers now days at gun shows are few & further between than they used to be, again at least in my area. One of the reasons people used to go to gun shows for was to find people walking in with guns to sell/trade & they might be able to buy it off them for closer to what they want than they might get from some guy behind one of the tables. That also applies to the guy walking in with a gun, he might get the price he wants without having to dicker with one of the dealers there. Now some states that is all illegal. You can't even loan your gun to a buddy on a hunting trip without going through an FFL & same when he gives it back to you! I've only seen these ignorant fools on TV & the internet, but if you meet one, ask them to explain what the gun show "loophole" is & 99% of the time won't have a clue.

There is no gun show loophole. Most guntards have no clue what the laws are. These people think, like barry said once, that you can walk into your corner stop & rob and buy a machine gun. Most anybody that knows anything about guns (Which rules out almost all the dumocrats, MSM & politicians) knows getting an actual machine gun legally is damn near impossible & you better have deep pockets to buy a legally transferable full auto firearm. They don't know that the vast majority of the sellers at gun shows have to get the form 4473 filled out & phone in the background check (unless you have a CWP, at least in my state) just like you would if you were in a regular gun shop. The private transfers now days at gun shows are few & further between than they used to be, again at least in my area. One of the reasons people used to go to gun shows for was to find people walking in with guns to sell/trade & they might be able to buy it off them for closer to what they want than they might get from some guy behind one of the tables. That also applies to the guy walking in with a gun, he might get the price he wants without having to dicker with one of the dealers there. Now some states that is all illegal. You can't even loan your gun to a buddy on a hunting trip without going through an FFL & same when he gives it back to you! I've only seen these ignorant fools on TV & the internet, but if you meet one, ask them to explain what the gun show "loophole" is & 99% of the time won't have a clue.
    I guess we need a 'satire' emoticon.
    StratMaster likes this.

This thing..................... shoots like a dream! Doesn't kick or jump up. I only ran 30 rounds through it to zero the sights in. I'll stock up and then really have some fun with it next trip out.

(Sorry for the wind noise..... dealing with it isn't a priority when I'm dispensing freedom seeds.)

Slippy likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links