How much ammo is enough? - Page 13
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How much ammo is enough?

This is a discussion on How much ammo is enough? within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Notold63 I find it interesting that most of those posting are focused entirely on combat type situations and ignore hunting for meat. ...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: How much ammo is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Notold63 View Post
    I find it interesting that most of those posting are focused entirely on combat type situations and ignore hunting for meat. At any rate, I think that one factor that should be considered is the possibility that what ammo you have will have to last you decades. As a mater of fact it may have to last your children decades after you are gone. I can’t give you a number, but it’s going to be allot.
    I have not missed that need.
    For 30/30 I have 1,000 of Winni 150 Gr. silver tip, and two restored 1894 Winchester carbines to go with it.
    This state does not allow a rifle for deer hunting, but post SHTF, who cares.
    There are cases of Estate 12 Ga that are assorted bird shot sizes and bird barrels for the 870's and 1187's.
    There is 180 gr silver tip 30/06 for my bolt guns if needed.

Under a normal social state, countrywide, a 94 Winchester carbine or a mod 12 riot resides in the back of my Grand Cherokee, with a 100 rounds for either.
    When the tensions go up an AK is substituted along with 300 rounds in mags.

Most here have no idea how much ammo is expended or lost in battle along with mags, guns and people.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-09-2019 at 08:58 PM.
    RedLion, Slippy and Smitty901 like this.

I have hunting rounds (soft tip/ballistic tipped etc.) in every caliber.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Everyone has to come up with their own number as to how much is enough. In my opinion, I think a better question is what’s the minimum you should have in each primary caliber.

I think 5,000 rounds is a bare minimum in something like 5.56. 10,000 rounds is a comfortable minimum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Stocked up pretty good an ammo for the guns.
    Need to stock up on arrows for the crossbow though. Just in case I need to quietly shoot a deer. Or take out a thug.
    tuffy_chick_13 likes this.

There is no right number, how much can you afford to spend on extra ammo, how much do you want to have to feel comfortable? Do you reload, if so how many supplies do you want to stock? How much hunting and varmint ammo do you need/want? Or should you supplement with alternative hunting methods like snaring, bowhunting etc? There just is the one answer, it's never enough.
    tuffy_chick_13, Denton and SOCOM42 like this.

How much ammo is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_doctor View Post
    There is no right number, how much can you afford to spend on extra ammo, how much do you want to have to feel comfortable? Do you reload, if so how many supplies do you want to stock? How much hunting and varmint ammo do you need/want? Or should you supplement with alternative hunting methods like snaring, bowhunting etc? There just is the one answer, it's never enough.

That is very true you will never have enough because you don’t know what truly is going to happen. You may only need a little and traps or you may need thousands of thousands and traps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Denton and SOCOM42 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swrock View Post
    Stocked up pretty good an ammo for the guns.
    Need to stock up on arrows for the crossbow though. Just in case I need to quietly shoot a deer. Or take out a thug.
    A "can" works well, post SHTF I will build some (illegal as of now), I know how to.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    A "can" works well, post SHTF I will build some (illegal as of now), I know how to.
    By that time it won't madder if it is legal or not. Not hard to make.
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    By that time it won't madder if it is legal or not. Not hard to make.
    What is a "can"?

Quote Originally Posted by Swrock View Post
    What is a "can"?
    Slang for Suppressor
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Sponsored Links