Qucik ammo question?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Qucik ammo question?

This is a discussion on Qucik ammo question? within the Reloading forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I see that ZQI ammo has brass cases? Is it like BrassMaxx from Tula and also Boxer Prime as well? Is there someone here that ...

Qucik ammo question?

I see that ZQI ammo has brass cases? Is it like BrassMaxx from Tula and also Boxer Prime as well? Is there someone here that can confirm that beyond a shadow of a doubt?

Id like to boost my supply of 308 Winchester. I would like to do it the most economical way possible as well. Given the price that ZQI ammo is running, I am not sure if I can beat that price per a box of 20 even if I reload, if so it would be by just a couple pennys per a round if I buy all of the components. If Boxer Primed then its a pretty good deal and will leave me with empty cases that can be reloaded cheaply about 3 more times as a added plus. If not Boxer Primed then it looks like I will need to get some more reloading components.

(Id really rather not buy a box and have to spend a afternoon at the range and find that out the hard way just to see if its boxer primed)
    Last edited by LunaticFringeInc; 12-28-2015 at 11:54 AM.

The boys in the back use it as blasting ammo to get cases to load up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The boys in the back use it as blasting ammo to get cases to load up.
    Yeah that's normally what I would use FMJ ammo for, but I would like a little extra on hand should the LA riots come to my neighborhood. Just in case... plus its nice to have some plinking ammo that has the added benefit of being reloadable. I can better justify the price paid.

According to this site, you should be good.

640 round Case - 7.62x51 M80 Ball 147 Grain FMJ - ZQI Guardian Ammo for Sale | SGAmmo.com
    Thank's tough guy I knew someone here would have the straight skinny!

ZQI is good to go. I buy that and Perfecta to take to the range and stock up on.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Banned

Cabelas had some 7.62 X 54R for .35 a round yesterday. That's 6.99 a box, not sure about the brand.

It's zinc coated steel cased FMJ
    Last edited by Operator6; 12-28-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Even if it's Berdan primed, you can convert it to Boxer.

Yes it's GTG for reloading, it's mill spec ammo actually. If you will be acquiring it at Wally get it while you can, they did not renew the contract and only have what is in their warehouses.

Ooh that's a nice juicy tidbit of information to know! Duly noted!!!

Quote Originally Posted by txmarine6531 View Post
    Even if it's Berdan primed, you can convert it to Boxer.

soooooorta....
    There is a sliight variation in the size of primer pockets from Large-rifle Berdan to Large-rifle boxer. If i remember correctly, the boxer primer is bigger, so you hafta bore out the pocket itself a little. Berdan primers will fall out of a boxer socket.

Sponsored Links