Options for lead - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Options for lead

This is a discussion on Options for lead within the Reloading forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; What we really need is a source for depleted uranium. Now that's shootin' Tex....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Options for lead

What we really need is a source for depleted uranium. Now that's shootin' Tex.

ware's that doh head slap thingy again!!!
    oops

Ironic. Considered environmentally unfriendly, yet naturally exists in the environment. Weird how that works.
    "When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

So does asbestos exist in the environment but you don't load that into your shotgun and shoot it either. Depleted uranium is a big part of the or that is used to refine high quality uranium for fuel rods and weapons. They just take the uranium that they want to use for fuel and the low level depleted uranium is made into bullets. When it goes through a hunk of armor, it is vaporized or at least aerosolized and put into the local atmosphere. That is very different from laying on or in the ground locked away so it can't be inhaled or ingested.

Medic33 likes this.
    Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

If you are interested in airguns then read some of the stuff written by a guy named Gaylord. He has a regular column in Shotgun news, and some other stuff on Amazon or web sites if u look around. When I first saw his column I thought "Airguns? In SGN? Seriously?"

But once I found out that there are airguns that can hunt in Africa, I was a little more interested. There's one that shoots a heavier bullet than my Kodiak. Pow, zoom, to the farging moon!

Sorry, late to the party here...

Look around local thrift stores for things made of pewter.. Great source of Tin and a little extra antimony, When the SHTF you can just melt the posts off of old batteries (pure lead and mix 50/50 with the pewter you scrounged and have good bullet alloy.

I have collected close to 180lbs of pewter and over 2000lbs of wheel weight alloy and maybe 100 or so lbs of pure from cast iron plumbing joints. (my BIL is a contractor and he collects the pure lead when he finds it.)
    Hidden Content

Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
    Amen

I've collected up a couple hundred pounds, in buckets. Every fall or so I melt a bunch of wheel weights and form them into bars, and store the bars.

Banned

for close range target shooting, what about plastic? sorry, I don't have any first hand knowledge with this, but there are injection molding devices suitable for the home hobbiest workbench. And, the plastic beads can be purchased by the 50lb bag, or by the train car.

Banned

Call the scrapyard and see if they have any to sell.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Forget lead...I recently read on this forum that a sharp stick is best... Some Canadian said that... 😉
    Doc Holliday likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links