How to reload a shotgun shell
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How to reload a shotgun shell within the Reloading forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Here is my video tutorial about reloading a shotgun shell with basic instruments...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How to reload a shotgun shell

Here is my video tutorial about reloading a shotgun shell with basic instruments

8301 likes this.
    Check Out My Survival Youtube Channel
    Hidden Content

Interesting I have seen this done before other ways. I think that I would remove powder from the area before using any flame.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

this is a really basic way if you are in a survival situation and really need ammo , to do it with less risk you need to get yourself the primer press if you have the primer press than risks of blowing it up is very low , always wear eye protection if you are doing this
    CWOLDOJAX likes this.
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I would imagine that with that charge of powder and the light load of shot that you get very low velocities and very little report from the round going off. I know you are demonstrating a way to "backyard" the reloading process but there are much better ways to do it. One that can be purchased for under $20 is the Lee Loader Kit. It has a measure that you can use with any of the listed powders in the kit, a decapping pin and receiver to remove the spent primer, a primer seating jig and a tool to press it in with a mallet or bottle capping press, a measure for the appropriate amount of shot and a crimper to recrimp the shell - no cutting required.
    You can us a nail and a piece of wood with a hole in it to remove the primer (pounding on the rim is a good way to get gas leaks out the back of the gun when it goes off) and you can use a piece of wood with a nail driven in (so the head of the nail is just barely higher than the wood about .001") and use a wood dowel to push it in so you aren't hammering on the primer (which can either set it off or make it misfire). Then you can make a measure that actually holds the correct amount of shot (two to three times what your video showed) . You can make, round, over powder wads out of poster board that fit snugly into the shell and keep the powder down against the primer. Pour the shot in and recrimp the cartridge (no wax required) and end up with a cartridge that is as good as factory loads.

NOTE: donot use newspaper unless you are trying to start a fire. The paper will burn readily and ignite the grass or brush when it falls to the ground. It is illegal in some places to use any wadding that is combustible so you are better off to use the plastic wads over the powder and to guide the shot down the barrel. You can reuse the wads several times if you can find them - not the best but at least you won't start a fire and let everyone know where you hunt.

Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

I use a MEC 600 Jr.... its quicker
    Hidden Content

Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
    Amen

PaulS
    only thing what from my opinion in this video is wrong is that i am loading this king of primer i dont know how its called in english (in russian this kind or primer is called "жевело")
    I have been reloading my brass bullets with the small primer exactly like this for about 5 years , i was taught by my father he has been reloading his brass bullets like this for 40 years and he was taught by my grandfather who was reloading his brass shotgun shells for 50 years and all 3 of us have used newspapper and its not starting fire , and 90% of people who i know reload brass bullets like this (10 % have reloading kits)
    NOTE: I have a reloading kit and if i reload i reload it the way you said this is a survival situation method in a situation when your food depends on that bullet but you dont have the kit. And this is the right way to reload a brass shotgun shell , 99% of soviet and post soviet hunters were using newspapper
    Hidden Content

Thanks chemikle.
    chemikle likes this.

Thanks YOU slippy , the best thing for me is to hear good words from viewers
    Hidden Content

Was I the only one cringing when he was whacking that primer with the old school russian hammer?
    paraquack likes this.

Great video. I have never thought of doing it with out a reloader.

Very informative. Gave me some ideas.
    chemikle and CWOLDOJAX like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links