Reloading tips for the newbie - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Reloading tips for the newbie

This is a discussion on Reloading tips for the newbie within the Reloading forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Chiefster23 I deprime first using a Lee universal decapping die. This die does not resize, just punches out the primer. Then I ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Reloading tips for the newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I deprime first using a Lee universal decapping die. This die does not resize, just punches out the primer. Then I clean the brass using stainless media in a tumbler. With the primer removed, the media cleans out the primer pocket. Then I resize. I don’t want to run dirty brass thru a resizing die. Then finally (if necessary) I trim the casing to the proper length.

I will add, after trimming deburr and chamfer. I also inspect them all and if I didn't trim or lube and all looks clean them they are bagged as ready. If I did any trimming or they appear dirty or oily then they get another cleaning as I want it all dry, sized, and clean when I start.

I take it that the decapping die doesn't contact the case wall, inside or out?
    No, it is a quick job, I use a hand press for this stage as I think I can feel things better and get to see more than on the bench mounted press.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Kauboy and Chiefster23 like this.

^^^^^ what he said!^^^^^^^

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links