Buying ammo online in CA and have it delivered to your residence
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Buying ammo online in CA and have it delivered to your residence within the Reloading forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I reload, but I can't do 22LR and 17HMR (well, I lied, I have a kit for 22LR but the process is painstakingly long!) Once ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By gcharles
  • 3 Post By Chipper
  • 2 Post By Slippy
  • 2 Post By Camel923
  • 1 Post By Gunn
  • 1 Post By gcharles
  • 4 Post By Chipper

Thread: Buying ammo online in CA and have it delivered to your residence

I reload, but I can't do 22LR and 17HMR (well, I lied, I have a kit for 22LR but the process is painstakingly long!) Once the Ammogeddon bills got signed into law in CA I was ticked off. Once I started running a little low on 22LR (to me that's downto my last case of Federal Automatch) I started nosing around to figure out how I could get ammo shipped to me in bulk- thinking I could maybe talk a buddy of mine that runs my local range/FFL to cut me a deal on the transfer fees, etc.

Then I found out that with a CA Certificate and any FFL I would be *allowed* by the state of commifornia (gee, thanks CA for *letting* me practice my 2A rights!) to order ammo online and have it shipped directly to my residence. Evidently it's law that with those to documents you can order ammo online. It also 'allows' you bring ammo you purchase out of state into the state of California w/o breaking the laws set forth in those ammogeddon laws. And a nice plus is you're exempt from the 1 in 30 days handgunB.S. There were some other bene's as well. It totally hand holds you through the entire process with direct links to the forms and what parts to fill out. Takes a couple days forthe certificate (you can print it out- otherwise about a week to have it mailed to you) and took me 8 weeks almost to the day for the FFL, but a buddy of mine did the same process and got his in 4 weeks. I did mine during the government shutdown and theirvoicemail greeting when I called said they were hit by it. So, you'll probably have everything in about a month. It also lists a bunch of online vendors that will work with people that have this paperwork.

I was going to post the link, but the forum won't let me. PM me if interested and I'll send you the URL!

Keep your powder dry and your aim true!
    RedLion likes this.

Geez, just take a road trip and stock up out of state while on vacation.
    Slippy, StratMaster and RedLion like this.

I agree with Chipper, take a few days and drive over to Lake Tahoe and skirt on over to the Nevada side and stock up on .22LR/.17HMR

You can fit a lot of .22LR and .17HMR in a couple of small carrying bags...
    StratMaster and RedLion like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Load up your trunk.
    StratMaster and RedLion like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

We have quite a few Commiefornians come up here to Jefferson and clean the shelves.
    StratMaster likes this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I agree with Chipper, take a few days and drive over to Lake Tahoe and skirt on over to the Nevada side and stock up on .22LR/.17HMR

You can fit a lot of .22LR and .17HMR in a couple of small carrying bags...
    I don't want to take the chance of getting caught- like most people. Also, with free shipping, no CC fees and no sales tax and having it shipped directly to my front door- online ordering works WAY better for me. Because of the CA Ammo law you can't buy out of state and bring it in. Just my luck they'll have someone at the Agricultural checkpoint with dogs. There's also rumor that they'll have CA law enforcement at things like gun shows looking for CA plates and following people in the parking lots to see if they have things like ammo, then radio their license plate ahead so they get stopped as they're coming back into CA.
    Annie likes this.

Agricultural checkpoint with dogs?? WTF is that?

I'd have to move if it's really that bad. Smoke pot, do drugs, crap on the streets and throw your needles in the gutter. Bring a 22 shell into the state and it's the end of the world.

Still plenty of .22 to buy up here in Orygun. No names, no ID required. Yet.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by gcharles View Post
    I don't want to take the chance of getting caught- like most people. Also, with free shipping, no CC fees and no sales tax and having it shipped directly to my front door- online ordering works WAY better for me. Because of the CA Ammo law you can't buy out of state and bring it in. Just my luck they'll have someone at the Agricultural checkpoint with dogs. There's also rumor that they'll have CA law enforcement at things like gun shows looking for CA plates and following people in the parking lots to see if they have things like ammo, then radio their license plate ahead so they get stopped as they're coming back into CA.
    stay at a hotel, rent a car, go buy ammo, done deal
    Be a Berean

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gcharles View Post
    I don't want to take the chance of getting caught- like most people. Also, with free shipping, no CC fees and no sales tax and having it shipped directly to my front door- online ordering works WAY better for me.
    I like Budd's Gun Shop. They're very nice, fair prices, good customer service and they're fast shippers.

This message was paid for by Budd's Gun Shop.*
    *only joking, @Cricket !
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

Sponsored Links