Ball Jar Light Globes
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ball Jar Light Globes

This is a discussion on Ball Jar Light Globes within the Recycling, Composting, Reducing, Reuse, Environment forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; I was looking at etsy where they had ball jars as light globes. I would like to do this because they look so cool, but ...

Ball Jar Light Globes

I was looking at etsy where they had ball jars as light globes. I would like to do this because they look so cool, but when I bought the wide mouth jars the screw part of the jar was overlapping the fixture that I had. I would figure that you would have to sand down or cut the lip part of the jar in order to make it fit. It overlaps about 1/4 of an inch, so I'm not that far off.

my question is, can you sand glass or what would you recommend to get this small 1/4 of an inch down so that it will fit into my light fixture?

Re: Ball Jar Light Globes

Maybe the regular mouth jar would fit better, or you may need to take a jar with you and size it to a fixture. That is a really cool idea.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links