Making good use of wildlife landscaping
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Making good use of wildlife landscaping within the Recycling, Composting, Reducing, Reuse, Environment forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; Some thoughts come to mind since if the shtf, then you would want to still have the asthetics of a nice surrounding. I have some ...

Some thoughts come to mind since if the shtf, then you would want to still have the asthetics of a nice surrounding. I have some straight tree siblings that I cleared some brush out and put up as a barrier for leaves that blow into my yard. No factory plastics here, but I'm sure snakes are all over them. Also around my rose bushes (under my windows for security), I have creek stones stacked up. Its easier to weedeat around them since it does not mark like plastic would. For one of the center pieces in my yard, I have a huge boulder size rock and some little creek stone rock stacked up with some flowers planted around it. I also have cane growing in about 3 places, which I highly recommend for privacy, but highly recommend not getting because it spreads fast and it is extremely hard to dig up if you don't want it no more.

Here are some photos from last year.

Re: Making good use of wildlife landscaping

Totally jealous of your land my friend! You have a slice of heaven there! i would dig a moat...
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Re: Making good use of wildlife landscaping

I do think aesthetics are important to keep around, but this year I am going with more practical plantings. I am planting a medicinal garden and I have been thinking about more security plantings, like you said with rose bushes under the windows. I also thought about holly, and planting the perimeter of the property with pyrancantha. I hope the SHTF later than sooner, so my plants have some time to grow.
    Our natural landscape here is Pinon trees, Yucca, cactus and tumbleweeds.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links