The using of poop from dogs and humans (no joke)
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on The using of poop from dogs and humans (no joke) within the Recycling, Composting, Reducing, Reuse, Environment forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; Hello fellows! In an extreme situation its very difficult to keep your house clean and healthy, especially without endless water from the tap. Most of ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: The using of poop from dogs and humans (no joke)

Hello fellows!

In an extreme situation its very difficult to keep your house clean and healthy, especially without endless water from the tap.
    Most of us was definitly thinking once about the disposal of our feces in SHTF case.

I have 2 dogs which produce many many poop and i tought about a recycling way of this. Do you have any ideas or experience with this?

I was think about a fertilizer for planting or maybe as a fuel in the stove like the egyptian bedouin tribes. I saw them during my holidays in the sahara burning camel poop to baking they bread.

NO NO NO!

Domestic animal waste should NEVER be used in a garden and I see nothing that I would do to recycle my dogs shit unless it was shoving it into the mouth of the dead and decapitated zombie biker marauder who failed in his attempt to overtake the well fortified Slippy Lodge and found his head on the bidness end of a finely crafted American Made Pike!

Human waste that does jot make it into the septic system gets buried and a handful of lime tossed in for good measure...or in a pit with some sharpened punji sticks!

I got thousands of trees on my land and if I run out of trees and need to use camel shit to burn in my stove, I'm guessing I got bigger problems than baking up some bread!

Quote Originally Posted by Eisregen View Post
    Hello fellows!

In an extreme situation its very difficult to keep your house clean and healthy, especially without endless water from the tap.
    Most of us was definitly thinking once about the disposal of our feces in SHTF case.

I have 2 dogs which produce many many poop and i tought about a recycling way of this. Do you have any ideas or experience with this?

I was think about a fertilizer for planting or maybe as a fuel in the stove like the egyptian bedouin tribes. I saw them during my holidays in the sahara burning camel poop to baking they bread.
    Last edited by Slippy; 01-21-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Absolutely NO! fastest way to get pick up parasites and illness. All waste must be composted to heat it and destroy any bacteria, etc.
    NewRiverGeorge likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

As the others have said, it's probably not a good idea BUT there are many that do just that. Fertilizer AKA Humanure. I don't know but maybe the idea is when the Shit that hits the fan is going to land everywhere.

Maybe if it's been well composted as with other manures, the heat can kill off the bad microbes, IDK.

Hello fellows!

I have zero experience, but I know that any animal that eats meat, the poop is terrible. Animals that eat hay and straw, they only digest a tiny bit of it, that's why you saw some Egyptians burning dung. Cattle dung is great for keeping mosquitos away.
    Please, when the SHTF and there is poop everywhere, just dig a hole on your neighbors property, and toss the poop in their. If he gets to loud, and pissy, toss him in there too.
    Good thinking though.
    Also, when "it gets bad" your dogs wont be eating near as much, so the poop pile will be smaller.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    If he gets to loud, and pissy, toss him in there too.
    *snort*

It was just an idea... thanks guys for the important information and the good laugh that i'll had while reading this!
    Annie, 1skrewsloose and Deebo like this.

Good intention, but it turns out to be a crappy idea.
    Denton likes this.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

There are lots of places (third world countries) where they use human waste for fertilizer. I don’t know if it is composted, but I doubt it. So, is it a good idea? Probably not. But I know for sure that my ship provisioned fresh veggies in countries where this was common practice and I’m still alive to tell the tale.
    dwight55 and Deebo like this.

Banned

Hello fellows!

I would advise you to consult the Military Field Manuals on this subject. Take a look at FM21-10... chapter 6.... pages 39 & 40 have some good graphics for you to do what they do with the doo doo

https://archive.org/details/FM21-10_201212/page/n39
    Last edited by Verba Bellum; 01-21-2020 at 07:20 PM.
    tuffy_chick_13 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links