Large scale recycling
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Large scale recycling

This is a discussion on Large scale recycling within the Recycling, Composting, Reducing, Reuse, Environment forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; Hi, I am new here but I've been a thrifty recycler for 40 years. I have learned to turn re-purpose, reuse and recycle into more ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mad Trapper

Thread: Large scale recycling

Large scale recycling

Hi,
    I am new here but I've been a thrifty recycler for 40 years.
    I have learned to turn re-purpose, reuse and recycle into more than cash, I always try to find homes for things that others waste and guide them to where they are needed.

I am not sure if this is the right forum, but the mobile home I am living in is slated for demolition, along with finding homes for all the things that I have collected over the last 9 years, I have a lot of reusable materials from this mobile that can be reused and does not need to go into the dumpster when I tear it down.

Of course I will recycle everything possible but there is good steel roofing and good aluminum siding, and windows.

Like I said I am new here and I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I hate to see good materials that could be of use to someone else go to the scrapper considering todays prices.
    I am in the tacoma wa area and if there is a place to post this type of thing on this site or if someone in my area could use good materials please let me know!

Steel roofing is in 7 foot x 36 inch sheets and the roof is 60 foot long x 14 foot wide
    aluminum siding is 4x8 and windows are aluminum frame single pane sliders in a couple different sizes.

If I can save the landfill some space, save on dump fees, and help someone out, it is a very good day!

Anyways, I just thought I would throw it out there.

Hello everyone, I am glad to find this place!

Welcome to PF.

I learned to reuse from my grandparents, they raised 11 in the depression.

The farm did not have electric until after WWII, but there was plenty of work and no lack of food. Grandpa still had a team of draft horses. Water was a gravity feed from a spring/cistren. Hardwood was heat and cooking, the cooking on a Glenwood, the heat on another Glenwood heater stove. Besides crops there were chickens, cows, pigs and sheep. Uncles all hunted, fished, and trapped. Fur had good prices back then and was handy for clothes too. We did haying loose with a wagon and pitchforks, an old horse drawn rake too.

I was just old enough to use the first chainsaws. We also had crosscut handsaws, and a belt driven bucksaw when we got the first tractor. The tractors were 9N and a Case.The 9n still runs.
    Chiefster23 likes this.

Sponsored Links