Smoking with the "Griz" aka hawgrider.

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Smoking with the "Griz" aka hawgrider. within the Recipes forums, part of the Food, Health and Fitness Survival category; Smoked some Hungarian hot wax peppers. After I pour the smoke to them for 4 or 5 hours I will finish drying them in the ...

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree462Likes

Thread: Smoking with the "Griz" aka hawgrider.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Smoked some Hungarian hot wax peppers. After I pour the smoke to them for 4 or 5 hours I will finish drying them in the dehydrator then grind them into a powder for using on everything from eggs to soups.

Into the dehydrator. Used hickory this time.

Here they are dried.

Break them up and put them in a coffee bean grinder.

Grind them up.

Finished product from just one tray of peppers.

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Excellent, I can smell the aroma all the way here at Slippy Lodge. We've canned a bunch of peppers this year but never have dried them and ground them. Good idea Hawg
    hawgrider, Renec and Maol9 like this.

We have some pickled Hungarian peppers the wife canned last year.they are getting better and better.
    hawgrider, Arklatex and Maol9 like this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Excellent, I can smell the aroma all the way here at Slippy Lodge. We've canned a bunch of peppers this year but never have dried them and ground them. Good idea Hawg
    Ya gotta try it Slippy. The powders are the bomb. The flavors are great mild to hot what kind of peppers up to you.
    Ive still got some Tabasco peppers on the bush waiting for them to turn red and they will be next. I normally use Jalapeno but tried the Hungarian this time and they are perfect. Nice amount of heat good flavor without a head sweat afterwards. The Tabascos will be a first. I'm excited to see how they turn out I love Tabasco sauce so the powder should be good I hope.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Griz is not a popular nickname far as I know. You didn't work in wi. in the mid 70's at whitehall pack did you. If not disregard. Never know when or where you'll meet someone from the past. Maybe I should have PM'd. Sorry.
    hawgrider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    Griz is not a popular nickname far as I know. You didn't work in wi. in the mid 70's at whitehall pack did you. If not disregard. Never know when or where you'll meet someone from the past. Maybe I should have PM'd. Sorry.
    No sir. Lived in the very northern tip of Wisconsin worked in Brule, Washburn, Bayfield in the mid to late 70's

My kids call me "The Griz" Or they often say " We're cooking with the Griz"
    bigwheel likes this.

Nice, now I am hungry.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Thanks for the reply, one never knows. We used to party no end.!!
    hawgrider likes this.

I am going to try that this weekend. i bet that's great on red beans and rice with hot sausage. What ulcer?????
    hawgrider, A Watchman and Maol9 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Excellent info Hawg! Does the powder have a good shelf life? The stuff is probably so good that shelf life doesn't matter anyways. Just curious.
    hawgrider likes this.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links