Cabbage and Kielbasa - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cabbage and Kielbasa

This is a discussion on Cabbage and Kielbasa within the Recipes forums, part of the Food, Health and Fitness Survival category; Originally Posted by paulag1955 What are Nathan hot dogs? A particular brand of hot dog and should be sold at most grocery stores, even here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Cabbage and Kielbasa

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    What are Nathan hot dogs?
    A particular brand of hot dog and should be sold at most grocery stores, even here

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut View Post
    A particular brand of hot dog and should be sold at most grocery stores, even here
    I just checked Albertsons website and they do apparently carry them, but I'm sure I've never seen that garish packaging in an actual store. It would be hard to miss.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    What are Nathan hot dogs?
    Nathan’s is a brand that originated on Long Island, and are some of the best dogs made. The annual Coney Island hot dog eating competition is sponsored by Nathan’s.
    JustAnotherNut and agmccall like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Where I come from in the Northeast. Rhode Island. There was and still is a pretty large Portuguese community. So we would have the dish with Linguiça or chorizo both spicy but linguica being the milder of the 2

al

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Looks real tasty.

My Polish grandmother always had taters and carrots with the keilbasa and cabbage And some strong horseraddish and brown mustard
    My Polish-American f-i-l (rip) taught me to slice them up and put them in pea soup. It's tasty that way.
    “Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape.” Planet of the Apes, 1968

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by agmccall View Post
    Where I come from in the Northeast. Rhode Island. There was and still is a pretty large Portuguese community. So we would have the dish with Linguiça or chorizo both spicy but linguica being the milder of the 2

al
    I've never heard of Linguiça before. Is it like a hot Italian sausage?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    My wife hates boiled cabbage.
    But, keilbasa and sauerkraut is OK with her. And we have that, or brats and sauerkraut on a regular basis. Or, even Nathan hotdogs and sauerkraut.
    Sauerkraut a great food storage item.

We do a lot of cabbage here. It's affordable and healthy.

One of the ways I serve it is to slice the head the long way, simmer the "steaks" in a pan of water until soft then finish them off in the oven topped with cheese and butter. I learned that recipe from YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I've never heard of Linguiça before. Is it like a hot Italian sausage?
    It is spicy but a different spicy. They use garlic, of course, a lot of paprika. and cayenne pepper. some use wine as well

al
    Annie likes this.

I like Kelbasa with German potatoe salad and cooked cabbage, spicy mustard of course--
    Annie likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links