Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads! within the Recipes forums, part of the Food, Health and Fitness Survival category; My first W-2 Job (Taxpaying Job ) was at a Steakhouse as a dishwasher at 15 years old. I remember I had to get a ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads!

My first W-2 Job (Taxpaying Job ) was at a Steakhouse as a dishwasher at 15 years old. I remember I had to get a "work permit" which still baffles me as to why, and I rode my bike to work...but I digress. Over the next 3 years I worked my way up from Dishwasher, Prep Cook, Fry Cook then my Senior year in High School I was promoted to Steak Cook and after graduation the summer before college, I worked as many hours as I could as the youngest full time cook in this restaurants history.

After college Mrs S and I got married, my parents wanted to know what gift I wanted, I told them a Weber Grill! I am on my 3rd Weber and I have gone through 1 Original New Braunfels Competition Smoker and also use my Weber Propane Grill regularly. I made my living in the Building Materials Bidness but one of my passions is Grilling, Smoking and Cooking.

I love steaks! I've cooked them many different ways, but I have determined that the "Best" and most Consistent way to cook a steak is outside on a grill in a 50+year old Iron Skillet using Bacon Grease and Butter.

My Go-To Recipe as of late is to buy some relatively thick steaks, (at least 1"), dry age them in the refrigerator for a week or so until they lose about 15-20% of their weight due to water loss. Fire up a Grill and get my best Cast Iron Skillet SMOKING HOT. Add some frozen Bacon Grease to the Skillet and Sear both sides of the Steaks for about 4 minutes. Melt some butter and drizzle it on the steaks for about 2 minutes after the sear. Let rest for about 8-10 minutes then ENJOY!

Tonight's steaks are inexpensive "Center Cut" Sirloins that I've had in the fridge dry-aging for 6 days and dusted with Tony's Seasoning;
    Best Way To Cook a Steak?  Chime in you Knuckleheads!-img_1474.jpg

My favorite Steak Skillet is a Griswold 10" Perfectly Seasoned 50+ year old made in Erie PA Iron Skillet!
    Best Way To Cook a Steak?  Chime in you Knuckleheads!-img_1475.jpg

Best Way To Cook a Steak?  Chime in you Knuckleheads!-img_1476.jpg

Let's hear your favorite Go-To Steak recipe!

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Ribeye- Set it on the counter at room temp and liberally coat it with kosher salt. Leave it out for at least one hour as this will draw some moisture out of the steak.

Then season with fresh ground black pepper, Wild leek powder and garlic powder or some steak seasoning. Fire up the Weber blazing, blistering hot and sear both sides for around 3 minutes based on the thickness of the steak.

Your looking for an internal temp of 125 to 130 let it rest 5 to 10 minutes then devour it.

Rib eye tomahawk.

I think this is the best steak I ever had.
    Did a 5 minute sear on each side then indirect heat for about 15 minutes had an internal temperature of about 125 to 130°

Slippy, Prepared One and modfan like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Steaks are laid out so they become room temperature, . . . IE 75 degrees F.

Go fire up the grill, . . . set the burners so the internal temperature is 250 on the gauge.

Set timer for 4 minutes.

Brush lightly on both sides with olive oil, . . . add salt and black pepper to taste, . . . SERIOUSLY dust with garlic powder.

Lay steaks on grill with tongs. Close lid, . . . set timer for 3 minutes for 3/4 inch steak, . . . 4 minutes for thicker.

Flip when timer goes off.

Set timer again, . . .

Flip and rotate 90 degrees.

Set timer again, . . .

Flip and set timer again, . . . this will be the last of 4 cooking cycles

Remove from grill, . . . let set for 3 to 4 minutes while everyone gathers and says grace.

Enjoy, . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Slippy and redhawk like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Steak of choice: sirloin, strip, ribeye, round .........

Marinate in worestershire/soy a day is great, place garlic slices into meat. Rub with sage,black pepper, thyme, rosemary.

Sear each side until rare.

Use applewood on a grill
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 07-10-2019 at 06:31 AM.
    Slippy and Marica like this.

Just a little butter with onions in the ole fry'in pan. Kiss method. Might throw a few mushrooms in at the end if they are around and A-1 steak sauce. Mashed potatoes with Bush's original baked beans on top for gravy.
    Slippy and redhawk like this.

Best I ever had.

As a senior in High School my grocery store co-worker and I worked until 10 PM on a Saturday night.

We decided to camp out on the Gulf Of Mexico beach that night with a bottle of wine and two huge special cut steaks and a can of corn. We cut up a pallet for firewood and so we were all set for the feast.
    After the fire was going we realized we had nothing to cook in or on. Not to worry. We pulled a metal hub cap off my old Ford Fairlane and fried away.

To me nothing says steak better than one with the word "Ford" seared on it!
    Last edited by jimcosta; 07-10-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    Inor, Slippy, Elvis and 1 others like this.

New york strip,naked on the grill 4-6 minutes each side.tenderest steak you ever ate.
    Slippy and modfan like this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

First... I do not buy Ribeyes as Ribeyes! I buy them as a Standing Rib Roast and cut them myself. That way I can get them as thick as I want - usually about 1 1/2 inch. Salt and pepper to taste and let them sit on the counter for at least and hour.

Fire up the Big Green Egg with mesquite wood and bring it to at least 750 degrees. Put the steaks on and cook for exactly 3 minutes per side. Then remove from grill and put on a plate covered with foil and let rest for 1 beer (~10 minutes). Then, open a second beer and dig in and enjoy!
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Cut off the horns, wipe its ass and throw it on the plate......
    Slippy, Prepared One and hawgrider like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    Cut off the horns, wipe its ass and throw it on the plate......

Quick, somebody near my good buddy rstanek organize a rescue party, he appears to have done gone crazy with some mad dirty ass cow disease!
    Inor, Sasquatch, rstanek and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links