Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads! - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads!

This is a discussion on Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads! within the Recipes forums, part of the Food, Health and Fitness Survival category; Time for the opposing viewpoint. Sure I would like to be given a package of a thick, juicy, red meat steak. It would be ideal ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads!

Time for the opposing viewpoint.

Sure I would like to be given a package of a thick, juicy, red meat steak. It would be ideal trade-bait to get a couple of slices of premium salmon!

I remember a time when "manly men" all ate red meat at every meal. They're all gone now...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post

Sure I would like to be given a package of a thick, juicy, red meat steak. It would be ideal trade-bait to get a couple of slices of premium salmon!

I remember a time when "manly men" all ate red meat at every meal. They're all gone now...
    Pretty sure you are WRONG! Not sure what kinda men you hang with but in my circles men are still men and eat Beef!

Unless you are talking soy boys
    stevekozak likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Well, you should see the muscle heads at my gym. Nothing goes into "the temple" unless they know the just what kind of meat they're eating.

And at my gym, there's a steady stream of guys leaving the gym and stopping at the cafe' for protein.

All of the guys who know their stuff all stop and buy two hard-boiled eggs. After watching these guys, I bought two of these for myself a few weeks ago. Within minutes the "lifting jitters" ceased.

The nice part is that when my wife found out that the gym charged three dollars for two hard-boiled eggs, she graciously boiled me a dozen eggs, and put them in a big soup bowl in the refrigerator. After a short drive home, the first thing I do is grab some eggs.

I'll bet it's been almost a decade since I've eaten any red meat. I prefer fish.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Well, you should see the muscle heads at my gym. Nothing goes into "the temple" unless they know the just what kind of meat they're eating.

And at my gym, there's a steady stream of guys leaving the gym and stopping at the cafe' for protein.

All of the guys who know their stuff all stop and buy two hard-boiled eggs. After watching these guys, I bought two of these for myself a few weeks ago. Within minutes the "lifting jitters" ceased.

The nice part is that when my wife found out that the gym charged three dollars for two hard-boiled eggs, she graciously boiled me a dozen eggs, and put them in a big soup bowl in the refrigerator. After a short drive home, the first thing I do is grab some eggs.

I'll bet it's been almost a decade since I've eaten any red meat. I prefer fish.
    Whats a gym? Country boys split wood, bail hay and eat beef. And we plant soy beans.... but we won't eat it.

Sorry man... I love fish but to eat only fish is really not as healthy as you think. Where do those fish come from ? Have you seen the warnings on fish in the last 30 years or maybe just in the last 2 years? It ain't pretty!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Tourist My Man!

Normally I'm not one to point out misgivings and misdirections in various threads, hell, I've been guilty of doing so myself from time to time!

But sadly, you missed the point of the thread, which is to share recipes and techniques on how to prepare a nice steak. We all know that to some people, red meat just is not the way to go. But I'm a firm believer that each person's specific genetic makeup best determines what foods they can and cannot handle.

I've known powerlifters and body builders that thrive on red meat and some that don't. Each to his own I like to say. Hell, we also all know someone who lived to be 99 years old and when asked what their secret was they tell you red meat, brown whiskey and fried foods!

I've spent lots of time in the "gym" over multiple decades and wish I had the motivation to spend more as I get older. Maybe one day soon!

(PS, I may start another thread about the best way to prepare a good piece of fish!)

Your friend, Slip!
    Last edited by Slippy; 07-15-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: opsec
    T-Man 1066 and stevekozak like this.

HA. I will fish all day, then EAT BEEF.
    Open fire, on top of charcoal. Blackened.
    Come to "The Ranch" and I will grill us a steak. Bring your smoking hot grilling girlfriend @Sasquatch , and we can drink and get loose on the second night.
    Prepared One and Slippy like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

I enjoy my steak. Rare to medium rare, over an open pit, baked potato with all the fixin's, maybe some sauteed mushrooms, and I am all in. I like fish as well, but if you offer me both, I will take the steak just about every time. Maybe Steak & Lobster? I figure I ain't living forever so I may as well indulge my wants every now and again. Give me the cold beer, 21 year old blond bimbo, and my steak medium rare please!
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    (PS, I may start another thread about the best way to prepare a good piece of fish!)
    Slip, it was meant to be a joke. Most of the insiders here know my diet. Look at the way Hawgrider and I joke with each other. They get the drift.
    Slippy and hawgrider like this.

Name:  cook a steak with cow farts.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  74.1 KB
    Slippy and Deebo like this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I enjoy my steak. Rare to medium rare, over an open pit, baked potato with all the fixin's, maybe some sauteed mushrooms, and I am all in. I like fish as well, but if you offer me both, I will take the steak just about every time. Maybe Steak & Lobster? I figure I ain't living forever so I may as well indulge my wants every now and again. Give me the cold beer, 21 year old blond bimbo, and my steak medium rare please!
    Steak over an open hard wood fire with a baked tator is pretty hard to beat.

Timing was right in the spring this year we were up at deer camp and the morals and wild leeks were up at the same time. Rib eyes and porterhouse on the fire pit that weekend. The combination was pure bliss!
    Prepared One and Slippy like this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links