Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads! - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads!

This is a discussion on Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads! within the Recipes forums, part of the Food, Health and Fitness Survival category; Best way to cook a steak is sitting on my ass drinking a cold beer watching my girlfriend cook it wearing next to nothing. Sent ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Best Way To Cook a Steak? Chime in you Knuckleheads!

Super Moderator

Best way to cook a steak is sitting on my ass drinking a cold beer watching my girlfriend cook it wearing next to nothing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy, A Watchman, Inor and 7 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

On the grill is number one, hot charcoal or wood fire. good meat requires no seasoning. I understand people like it . I want to taste the meat not the stuff that came in a jar.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 07-10-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Best way to cook a steak is sitting on my ass drinking a cold beer watching my girlfriend cook it wearing next to nothing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Now here is a real grill master!
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

This year I slaughtered a steer and ended up with about a quarter of beef after we split it up. I guess about 300 lbs. in all done in a regular cut. I took two 2" T-bones and cooked them on the grill with a little Montreal steak seasoning. Cooked them on the open flames of my infrared Grill then in a seasoned skillet on a side burner in a little butter and minced garlic. They ended up a nice medium. Really hard to beat the cast iron skillet.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

I like to start out with a cold steak so the inside doesnít cook as fast. I rub seasoning on it and then coat it with avocado oil.

It goes on a grill preheated to 400 degrees. After 30 seconds, I turn the steak 45 to 90 degrees counterclockwise to get more sear marks. Once the first side looks tasty, I flip it over on a hot part of the grill and repeat the process.

I like mine medium to medium rare. The best way to understand how much itís cooked inside is to push on the middle. If itís squishy, itís raw in the middle. If itís hard, itís over cooked.
    Slippy likes this.

Ok here is one with a slightly different flavor. I had a friend who used to raise cattle. He would keep them on grass until 6 weeks prior slaughter then he would put them on sweet corn. I would buy a 1/4 from him every 6 months.

One time I told him I wanted 5# of ribeye cut 1/4" thick. I made these 2 ways. One way was to throw these into a cast iron skillet for about 45sec per side. Then put it on the plate with an over medium egg on top. The other way was to crack an egg into the skillet, break the yoke, as soon as the egg starts to firm up, throw the ribeye in the middle, and finish cooking.
    Slippy likes this.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Good gosh! Hit the cow on the head and drag him across the coals and throw him on the plate. I like steak rare to medium rare. I leave mine in the fridge to age few days with salt and pepper, then toss it on a hot grill. Wood or charcoal is the way to go but I have done pan seared as well. I don't like to over season a good cut of meat as long as it is cooked correctly. I am always amazed when I go to dinner at a high end steak house and some idiot orders their steak well done. You might as well eat a damn shoe.
    Slippy, A Watchman and MI.oldguy like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    ...I am always amazed when I go to dinner at a high end steak house and some idiot orders their steak well done. You might as well eat a damn shoe.
    It has taken me decades to get Mrs S to eat a steak cooked to Medium temp. When we met, she ate steaks Well Done and every decade or so I've lowered the temp; first to Medium Well, then to Medium. I've been transitioning her to Medium Rare the past decade or so! It ain't easy but its a labor of Love!

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    It has taken me decades to get Mrs S to eat a steak cooked to Medium temp. When we met, she ate steaks Well Done and every decade or so I've lowered the temp; first to Medium Well, then to Medium. I've been transitioning her to Medium Rare the past decade or so! It ain't easy but its a labor of Love!
    Yea, my wife is a medium girl. I have considered divorce, but, ya gotta love the good with the bad, right?
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I think this thread has been dedicated to me. As the biggest steak fan and a knucklehead let me introduce you the best steak in the world my fellow preppers: Njeguski Steak. It's a pork steak stuffed with melting Montenegrin cheese cream (it's called kajmak). As far as I know it's a special recipe by Tiito's private chief and even recieved a gold medal in a world championship. If you visit Montenegro one day you should all try this world wonder. My brother was looking to buy a house in Montenegro two years ago and we tried this steak in a small restaurant serving local food. Ever since it's one of my favourites.

Best Way To Cook a Steak?  Chime in you Knuckleheads!-zam-restaurant-bar.jpg
    Slippy likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links