Answer for urban preppers- thoughts?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Answer for urban preppers- thoughts? within the Realtor Bug Out Land Links forums, part of the News & Links category; Seems to me that urban preppers face a grim outlook. If I had, say, a 100 acre, mostly wooded, abandoned farmstead, how about offering a ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Answer for urban preppers- thoughts?

Seems to me that urban preppers face a grim outlook. If I had, say, a 100 acre, mostly wooded, abandoned farmstead, how about offering a type of "condo" arrangement where small dwelling cabins designed for off-grid, could be purchased. The resulting 'community' of dwellings/families would be of like-minded people who could work and plan together in preparing for various scenarios. There could be some common-use equipment and features, such as water well, underground shelter (which could sub for survival item storage, meeting area, etc.). Also, community gardening, animal raising, etc.

I think urban folks might make such an investment in order to have a viable bug-out location, while in the mean-time being able to use it for a week-end and mini-vacation destination (or live full-time)- all while honing their off-grid living skills and engaging in their prepping passion.

What's wrong with this scenario?

Welcome to the forum from down under, pop in to introduce yourself and do just that...

To your question, will it involve crapping in buckets??
    Slippy, rice paddy daddy and jimLE like this.
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

I think its a great idea. Uncle Sam (or his local representatives) will surely have some legal loopholes for you to jump through. But yeah, something low key and nice would be great. Would you have a "condo association" where there was a board, making decisions? Or just vote on things like shared expense for a bigger well, larger leech field etc. I hope this post gets some interest, I think it's things like this will be more popular as the economy ever so slowly crashes into the global trade tree, and people want out of the cities, or at least a secure place to be in bad times.
    Renec and jimLE like this.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
    ― Frédéric Bastiat, The Law

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, do you know any like minded people?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pheniox17 View Post
    Welcome to the forum from down under, pop in to introduce yourself and do just that...

To your question, will it involve crapping in buckets??
    Are you from down under? IF you are from the USA I am interested.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

Banned

What is wrong with this scenario?

We are not capable of trusting that many people. Which means that we will die.

Yep, In a WROL, most of us are going to fall from larger gangs. And,
    the size of the gang won't have to be that large because we never created our own gang.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

I would envision a sewage drain field that could be snuck into use from the underground shelter if/when needed, which would also have a hand-pump/well head, again probably illegal, but do-able. For regular use for the cabins, outhouses & pits.

Like minded people might be the biggest problem-

I'm in the USA, but of course, I don't yet have the 100 acres...

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerhell View Post
    What is wrong with this scenario?

We are not capable of trusting that many people. Which means that we will die.

Yep, In a WROL, most of us are going to fall from larger gangs. And,
    the size of the gang won't have to be that large because we never created our own gang.
    Are we incapable of trusting the 'others'? Or is it that difficult to assemble a group of trustworthy people?

Quote Originally Posted by XMULE View Post
    I think its a great idea. Uncle Sam (or his local representatives) will surely have some legal loopholes for you to jump through. But yeah, something low key and nice would be great. Would you have a "condo association" where there was a board, making decisions? Or just vote on things like shared expense for a bigger well, larger leech field etc. I hope this post gets some interest, I think it's things like this will be more popular as the economy ever so slowly crashes into the global trade tree, and people want out of the cities, or at least a secure place to be in bad times.
    XMULE- I think the group would be small enough that 100% participation would be possible in decision making. A member would own their cabin & 'lot', plus a percent interest in the balance of the 100 acre site. I actually look for ideal property, but don't know if I'd ever really do it.. have also worked on the design of the cabin layout, and an underground shelter.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links