Living In The Country SUCKS...When all you want is... - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Living In The Country SUCKS...When all you want is...

This is a discussion on Living In The Country SUCKS...When all you want is... within the Realtor Bug Out Land Links forums, part of the News & Links category; Originally Posted by Slippy ...A damn Pizza Delivered! Once a year, Mrs Slippy and her sisters (and Mom but her Mom is dead now) go ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Living In The Country SUCKS...When all you want is...

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    ...A damn Pizza Delivered!

Once a year, Mrs Slippy and her sisters (and Mom but her Mom is dead now) go to the beach, usually around fall time. I take this opportunity to get shit done that if Mrs Slippy were here, I'd have to put up with her constant bullshat about this and that etc...And Mrs S is not here to help me out...

So I get my project done, get a shower and crack open a bottle of Maker's Mark Bourbon Whisky and have a couple of tall drinks. Well, now I'm thinking..."A Pizza sure would taste good right about now"...But lo and freakin' behold, nobody deliver's out this far.

The county still does not have an "official" address for Slippy Lodge, they have a plat number for tax purposes and the access road to Slippy Lodge has an address for 911 purposes but that's it. The closest Pizza Joint is an independently owned restaurant that does not deliver and the closest dominoes is about 12 miles away.

Since I've been drinking, I WILL NOT get in the truck and go anywhere so NO PIZZA FOR SLIPPY TONITE! Well, if that's the worst thing about living free then I'll take it!

Guess I'll have to improvise...(time for another sip of Bourbon Whisky!)
    Don't tell anyone but I use these...you can add mozzarella and other toppings...

Living In The Country SUCKS...When all you want is...-s-l640.jpg
    Slippy and bigwheel like this.

I dont consider that a bad thing Slippy.. No pizza wont hurt ya. Next time you go into town, get some frozen pizza for the munchies..
    Slippy, Michael_Js and Murdock67 like this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    I love the woods. I love this more.Attachment 108961
    Catalina 34? Regardless... get boat and yes, it’s a wonder way to spend time and get away..
    Slippy likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    And Slippy... we make our own pizza at home. Mucho better..
    Slippy, Michael_Js and Annie like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

I have to admit I love my pizza, being an old Chicago boy. Here in Houston dominoes is about as good as it gets. It's not Anthony's deep dish on a cold Chicago night, but it will do when I am feeling lazy and have had drink or two. That said, I would trade pizza delivery for the country life in a heart beat.

I like @Inor 's idea, I am not half the cook my wife was but I will have to try making one myself and putting it on the grill. Ingredients are easy enough.
    Slippy, Michael_Js and Inor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

dadgum,

I just realized I've never made pizza dough! I've made a lot of stuff but never pizza dough!
    rice paddy daddy and Inor like this.

Pretty dang awesome boat, keith!
    Thanks bud! She's an old girl. 1988 Catalina 30. I hope to move her from an inland lake to Charleston this Spring and have her on the sea.
    Slippy likes this.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

I will admit that was a strange photo of that chicken stretching her neck, I guess she knew I was hungry and wanted to look as lean and pitiful as she could! Before someone calls SPCA on me for chicken abuse, here's a better shot of that same chicken!

Attachment 108965
    Fine looking cluckers
    Slippy and Annie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    I love the woods. I love this more.Attachment 108961
    Nice boat.

The Good Cop

dadgum,

I just realized I've never made pizza dough! I've made a lot of stuff but never pizza dough!
    Do it the true Southern way.
    Make a deep dish crust by rolling out a can of biscuit dough.
    Man. it's great!! But it may "bind you up" just a tad, if you get my drift.
    Slippy and Inor like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links