Southeast Texas Property
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Southeast Texas Property

This is a discussion on Southeast Texas Property within the Realtor Bug Out Land Links forums, part of the News & Links category; 7 acres in Tyler County Texas: Sale or partnership / co-op. Surrounded by ag (cattle ranch) and timber land, sits at the end of a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cash&Camo
  • 1 Post By Cash&Camo

Thread: Southeast Texas Property

Southeast Texas Property

7 acres in Tyler County Texas: Sale or partnership / co-op. Surrounded by ag (cattle ranch) and timber land, sits at the end of a single lane road, fully fenced and gated. 6000 sf barn / shop, livestock pens and outbuildings. Producing pecan grove, pear and fig trees.

Sale price - $75,000.00
    Co-Op / Partnership - Move-in with minimal money down via homesteading /co-op partnership. Option to purchase.Southeast Texas Property-fd43bc01-36ac-46d0-bc5f-7efa3041754a.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Cash&Camo View Post
    7 acres in Tyler County Texas: Sale or partnership / co-op. Surrounded by ag (cattle ranch) and timber land, sits at the end of a single lane road, fully fenced and gated. 6000 sf barn / shop, livestock pens and outbuildings. Producing pecan grove, pear and fig trees.

Sale price - $75,000.00
    Co-Op / Partnership - Move-in with minimal money down via homesteading /co-op partnership. Option to purchase.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD43BC01-36AC-46D0-BC5F-7EFA3041754A.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	105803
    I'm curious about the Co-Op/Partnership that you are offering. Can you provide more details?

Thanks

Creeks, ponds, or water on the property?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

House?
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I am just going to copy/paste what I posted on a homesteading forum and if this doesn’t answer your question, let me know what else I can tell you.

Homesteader Start-Up offer! I am in Southeast Texas where the growing season is year round due to temperatures, rainfall and fertile soil. I have a 7 acre property that I used to homestead. It has a 6000 sf barn, livestock pens, outbuildings, pecan grove, pear & fig trees. It is fenced, cross fenced, gated and sits in a private location at the end of a county road.

I am looking for someone to occupy it, run a little homestead and help me out /co-op with my current homestead which is about 15-20 miles away. You would have to put a little temporary dwelling on it, but I can help you there, as well. There are utilities to connect with, already in place. Your monthly expense would be taxes and liability insurance, plus your living expenses. What I want in return is a homesteading partner, someone to live on and maintain the property and some handyman/ranch hand help at my place. I am a single widow in my 60’s and can’t keep up with both properties, so I am offering this to some young family that wants to get started, is willing to work, but doesn’t have the capital to get into a place. If you are interested, just let me know and we can continue the discussion.

Purchase is an option. We can discuss terms and have an attorney draw up the agreement to protect the interests of all parties.

If anyone else reading this is interested, this offer is open to any young, aspiring homesteading family!

No natural water source (at least in that sense.). The 7 acres is the remnant of a 100+ acre ranch that had the creeks and ponds on lower topography. The water for the creeks & ponds, however, originated largely as run-off from this higher elevated 7 acre property. I sold all but the 7 acres in 2016, so the creeks & ponds went with it. THAT said... there is a scar from an old pond that had been there... it can be dug out again. Also, that 6000 sf barn has a gigantic water collection system that has provided water for livestock (horses, sheep, goats & poultry) for as long as three weeks in post-hurricane conditions (power outages, etc.). Never came close to running out because that area get 46-56” of rainfall, annually. You could also re- dig the small pond and fill it by releasing the water from the barn collection tanks.
    Slippy likes this.

No house. It burned down in 2018. Either put a temporary or mobile dwelling on the remaining slab and hook up to utilities (if desired), or if interested in purchasing, build. Depends on how you want to structure it. Another option... there is a Derksen builder just down the road. They do pole buildings, sheds and tiny houses (some turnkey). They offer delivery and install with a very small amount down and and they finance, nobody refused.
    Last edited by Cash&Camo; 04-26-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Creeks, ponds, or water on the property?

No natural water source (at least in that sense.). The 7 acres is the remnant of a 100+ acre ranch that had the creeks and ponds on lower topography. The water for the creeks & ponds, however, originated largely as run-off from this higher elevated 7 acre property. I sold all but the 7 acres in 2016, so the creeks & ponds went with it. THAT said... there is a scar from an old pond that had been there... it can be dug out again. Also, that 6000 sf barn has a gigantic water collection system that has provided water for livestock (horses, sheep, goats & poultry) for as long as three weeks in post-hurricane conditions (power outages, etc.). Never came close to running out because that area get 46-56” of rainfall, annually. You could also re- dig the small pond and fill it by releasing the water from the barn collection tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I'm curious about the Co-Op/Partnership that you are offering. Can you provide more details?

Thanks
    I am looking for someone to occupy it, run a little homestead and help me out /co-op with my current homestead which is about 15-20 miles away. You would have to put a little temporary dwelling on it, but I can help you there, as well. There are utilities to connect with, already in place. Your monthly expense would be taxes and liability insurance, plus your living expenses. What I want in return is a homesteading partner, someone to live on and maintain the property and some handyman/ranch hand help at my place. I am a single widow in my 60’s and can’t keep up with both properties, so I am offering this to some young family that wants to get started, is willing to work, but doesn’t have the capital to get into a place. If you are interested, just let me know and we can continue the discussion.

Purchase is an option. We can discuss terms and have an attorney draw up the agreement to protect the interests of all parties.
    Slippy likes this.

Sponsored Links