Co-own my farm if you will help
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Co-own my farm if you will help within the Realtor Bug Out Land Links forums, part of the News & Links category; I have small isolated farm with large stocked lake, orchard, large raised bed garden, cabin, deer, next to state park. Am disabled, looking for stable, ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Co-own my farm if you will help

So. IL, next to Pere Marquette State Park

I have small isolated farm with large stocked lake, orchard, large raised bed garden, cabin, deer, next to state park. Am disabled, looking for stable, honest prepper(s) to take over what I began. Great spots for alternative housing such as underground, yurt, even RV while you complete ideal housing. Growing ginsing in 10 acre forest. Ample oak, hickory firewood. We would form trust to assure you control property when I pass. Unique opportunity. No drama, must live peacefully due to health. Must be honest, spiritual, hard worker. Have done most of the work; you help me complete it. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tompod1818 View Post
    I have small isolated farm with large stocked lake, orchard, large raised bed garden, cabin, deer, next to state park. Am disabled, looking for stable, honest prepper(s) to take over what I began. Great spots for alternative housing such as underground, yurt, even RV while you complete ideal housing. Growing ginsing in 10 acre forest. Ample oak, hickory firewood. We would form trust to assure you control property when I pass. Unique opportunity. No drama, must live peacefully due to health. Must be honest, spiritual, hard worker. Have done most of the work; you help me complete it. Tom
    is it located in Maine? If it is located in Maine I would love to speak with you.. or even southern Wisconsin or close to knoxville Tennessee...
    Be a Berean

To bad it's next to public land and in IL. Sounds great otherwise. Welcome to the forum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

unfortunately for a prepper viewpoint the property is too close to the St Louis metro area >>> and having it adjacent to a state park that's has regular recreational draw - makes it detrimental for a serious SHTF ...

you have to understand the differences between a homesteader and a prepper to see the disadvantages ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Not really. I am located on the back end of the 1000+ acre Park which is completely private - no one comes to the wild, thick forest back. So, good place for hunting or cultivating ginsing. I agree about IL because most people are greedy closed minded fools, but that is true most everywhere. It is an unusual area in that you can see the three rivers unite - a sacred Indian site. It also has a warmer climate zone - 6A. Am growing figs, almonds, pomgranites. Hardly any neighbors.

I disagree - you do not know the facts. Preppers do not have to go to the extreme unless they have paranoid personalities. I believe a moderate approach offers most flexibility. And the back end of the 1000 acre state park is completely isolated. You need to know the details to be judgemental. Re St. Louis, it is separated by two rivers. Rovers would travel north. Nevermind, I am not interested in giving my land to paranoid preppers. Am looking for spiritual people with more faith than fear. People with ag skills who would rather till a garden than load a weapon.

A Watchman's heart skips a beat as he feels that infamous crooked grin start to appear as he formats his response, but he thinks maybe he will hold back …. just this once, huh?
    ekim, Slippy, inceptor and 2 others like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Whatever. I liked your Hidden Content. Thanks.

It may look close to Saint Louis bit it is pretty isolated. I've taken the golden eagle ferry several times over to Calhoun county. If your in St Charles or Lincoln counties in Missouri this might be a good opportunity.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Quote Originally Posted by tompod1818 View Post
    Hey @tompod1818

Lets say you interview me and my wife. We come across as honest, hardworking God Fearing Salt of The Earth types. You invite us to assist you and we move our stuff in and begin the hardwork.

At first, everything is peachy-keen and we all get along famously, then some signs start to occur that make you a bit puzzled, but we are sweet people and are able to smile and talk our way out of the odd things that you "think" you are seeing.

But then it gets worse, things happen that no one can simply talk their way out of but by then its too late.

We have befriended the local law enforcement and they like us so when we report you as missing, all the stories that we have told around town point to senility, and craziness. Sure, they investigate but as mentioned, all indications point to the fact that you went off the deep end and took off toward Tucamcari, or Tres Rivieres, or somewhere that begins with a "T" or maybe and "S"...we can 't remember which place.

Of course, all the necessary documents have been signed/notarized and confirmed by the local and state authorities and the land is ours.

BWAAAAHAAAHAAA....
    Inor, Prepared One and stevekozak like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links