Co-own my farm if you will help - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Co-own my farm if you will help

This is a discussion on Co-own my farm if you will help within the Realtor Bug Out Land Links forums, part of the News & Links category; Run fast and far from this "um great offer" IMO. In illinois, near Indian sacred grounds = protected land, near 3 rivers = potential federal ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Co-own my farm if you will help

Run fast and far from this "um great offer" IMO. In illinois, near Indian sacred grounds = protected land, near 3 rivers = potential federal and state regulations, 1000 acre park = if state declared park = lots of regulations and people with access. Your money and time may get you squat in the end and state and or federal lawsuits if you ever move a clump of dirt or clear out a ditch / creek, cut a tree/bush. The list of can not do's could be endless.
    Slippy, Inor and StratMaster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tompod1818 View Post
    I disagree - you do not know the facts. Preppers do not have to go to the extreme unless they have paranoid personalities. I believe a moderate approach offers most flexibility. And the back end of the 1000 acre state park is completely isolated. You need to know the details to be judgemental. Re St. Louis, it is separated by two rivers. Rovers would travel north. Nevermind, I am not interested in giving my land to paranoid preppers. Am looking for spiritual people with more faith than fear. People with ag skills who would rather till a garden than load a weapon.

???? - you don't bother to introduce yourself and are now telling members what they think and how they should act ....

get some prepper credibility ....

you can take your posting elsewhere ......
    Slippy, ekim and Inor like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Not really. I am located on the back end of the 1000+ acre Park which is completely private - no one comes to the wild, thick forest back. So, good place for hunting or cultivating ginsing. I agree about IL because most people are greedy closed minded fools, but that is true most everywhere. It is an unusual area in that you can see the three rivers unite - a sacred Indian site. It also has a warmer climate zone - 6A. Am growing figs, almonds, pomgranites. Hardly any neighbors.
    1000 acres is not very big, especially for a state park. (640 acres - 1 section, per square mile.) The cattle ranch we live on is microscopically small, by cattle ranch standards, and it is 16 sections.
    ekim likes this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    1000 acres is not very big, especially for a state park. (640 acres - 1 section, per square mile.) The cattle ranch we live on is microscopically small, by cattle ranch standards, and it is 16 sections.
    He's trying to dump a useless piece of property he bought without checking on it berfore he bought. At least he is being up front about it if you know what your really buying.

I still say run away, it more trouble than it's worth.
    Last edited by ekim; 01-02-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    Inor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    Run fast and far from this "um great offer" IMO. In illinois, near Indian sacred grounds = protected land, near 3 rivers = potential federal and state regulations, 1000 acre park = if state declared park = lots of regulations and people with access. Your money and time may get you squat in the end and state and or federal lawsuits if you ever move a clump of dirt or clear out a ditch / creek, cut a tree/bush. The list of can not do's could be endless.
    Yep. I just sold a 42 acre lot of riverfront and 40% of it is designated protected wetlands. Can't do ANYTHING to the 40%, and the other 60% has limitations. Pretty much good to build a small gentleman's ranch on, that's it. No subdividing, no second septic. Happened to make 5X investment only because we had it for 25 years and the population in the area expanded out to meet our property.
    ekim and Inor like this.

Whatever. I liked your Hidden Content. Thanks.
    I'm giving you the benefit of doubt here and assuming you are on the up and up. Just a piece of advice. I would look for someone you know AND trust. The scenario @Slippy gave you could be quite real in today's world. There are some, shall we say, untrustworthy people out there.

Go with what and who you know.
    ekim, Inor, Prepared One and 2 others like this.

If you can lure up any cute Hippy Chicks with hairy pits..pretty sure Uncle Slippy would not mind coming for a visit. Just guessing of course. Probably depends on what Mrs. Slippy has to say about that.
    ekim, stevekozak and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    If you can lure up any cute Hippy Chicks with hairy pits..pretty sure Uncle Slippy would not mind coming for a visit. Just guessing of course. Probably depends on what Mrs. Slippy has to say about that.
    Probably tell him if he goes not to come back, just send money every week.
    bigwheel and Slippy like this.

I plan on staying where I'm at until I die, I even have a plan to build a mausoleum for myself where I'm at. I wish you good luck in your search though. Pomegranates in IL? I'm intrigued. Have they yielded anything yet? I thought they wouldn't grow in your climate zone. I have heard legends of extremely frost resistant pomegranates from a vet friend who was in Afghanistan but I thought the genetics weren't in the US yet? Getting a small spherical bomb shaped object through customs seemed to be the main issue.

There ya go he sends money from the comune and she can send him grits and pittsburgh hot links it only seems fair.
    ekim likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links