A map of Scotland
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A map of Scotland

This is a discussion on A map of Scotland within the Preppers Retreat and Lodge forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; In my 'introduce yourself' thread last night I mentioned that one of my first purchases to start off with was a map of my home ...

A map of Scotland

In my 'introduce yourself' thread last night I mentioned that one of my first purchases to start off with was a map of my home country (Scotland). The reason for this map is I am going to start doing research in all interesting and potential 'bug out' locations. I think it pays to have more than one location in mind as you have no idea where a chain of events will take you. Although many people I have spoken to think this is a long shot, I feel that it doesn't hurt to be prepared for a nuclear event. Especially considering the state of relations between Russia and the West at the moment. In fact, the thing that makes me uneasy about this situation is, in my opinion it is very similar to the events leading up to world war two.

Anyway, I have found a government released file that lists all nuclear shelters in the UK and if they are still there (or been demolished) since the cold war. I will be marking each and everyone on the map in coming months as I think knowledge will definitely be key if there was such an event.

Let me know what you guys think, and if anyone has done something similar. I welcome ALL ideas and suggestions. Thanks all.

Absolutely agree on current events mimicking the lead up to world war 2- scary how a bunch of seemingly low key decisions can escalate in to something so massive.

Only a newbie here but I think you're off to a good start with your ideas for bug out locations. Can think if many areas there which are nicely isolated and have a ready water supply. I'd definitely plan several possibilities as if a collapse situation were to occur you'd be facing the populations of Glasgow and Edinburgh, not to mention half of England trying to head for rural Scotland.

Going a bit out of left field- but would it be possible to put together a plan for reaching a bug out location on one of the western isles where logistically, the hoards are less likely to be able to reach?

always been interested in the same thing Australian wise...

include in your research old underground train stations, old toll stations (highway, reason, a friend of mine subcontracted for main roads, the money was dumped into a underground facility where it was counted and sorted) and other decommissioned underground facilities that are on public record
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thank you for the replies guys. Good point about the populations of Glasgow, Edinburgh and half of England - I never actually thought of that! I'm now thinking the further north (with less population/harder to reach) the better! I've definitely thought about the western isles being the best bet, it's just getting there that will be the problem! Certainly something to work on!

Thank you for that suggestion pheniox, I didn't think of underground station/facilities etc. They will definitely be going on my map!

Sponsored Links