BOL with natural resources
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on BOL with natural resources within the Preppers Retreat and Lodge forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; List your BOL "Bug out Land" and the natural resources that you have on it. I currently have a running stream that comes from a ...

List your BOL "Bug out Land" and the natural resources that you have on it.

I currently have a running stream that comes from a large pond. I have a lot of woods around me, and enough to sustain wood for about 5 years. I have a lot of rocks in my stream that I can use for building shelter/protection. I have apple trees and plenty of room to grown acres of gardens. There are plenty of fish (as well as pond turtles!) in my ponds to sustain a food source for awhile. I live high up on a hill so that I can put a windmill for wind power.

Re: BOL with natural resources

Jealous, I live in the flat midwest, and am hoping to buy my first place on a small 2 acre "hobby farm". Currently, I am stuck in my parents house...yucky.

Jealous though your property sounds perfect!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

I'd rather be living with my parents right now and paying off debt instead of putting myself into debt. You actually have it made at age 28. Take advantage of it right now esp since the economy is down. Pay off any debt you have, save for your bug out land and then you'll have it before you know it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Already doing that, I had 14k in credit debt that I have since paid off, and paid off my car, now I'm banking 1k a month until they boot me out in april-june time. If I could just pay off my student loans that'd be 300/month I could put towards my land!

Don't have much saved up, but I should have about 10k in the bank and another 2k in silver by that time...If all goes according to plan! I've also downsized my living, not buying DVDs or the coolest new gadgets. Just stuff that will hold it's value and is essential or gear that will help me live when I move out. Sold all my childhood toys, and now am going to go through all my baseball cards and get rid of most of them too!
    I have taken advantage of my living situation, but it is time I branch away from them!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Right now I don't have much land, but I'm looking into it! Thanks for the ideas!

I have a farm pond with catfish in it. Of course time to time there are snapping turtles in there (Yum!). I have plenty of land and woods around. There is an abundance of areas that are flat enough to grow a garden. Wild strawberries, blackberries, rhubarb, apple trees, wild lettuce and tons of cattails are all around the place here.

76 acres. 1 pond filled with turtles and is spring fed. Plenty of Pecan trees,blueberry bushes, and many deer, squirrel, wild hog, and wild turkey in the area. Not to mention snakes of all kinds and any other sort of varmit you could think of. So, outside of any food reserves, there is plenty to eat. And we are bordered by several square miles of timber company woods, so we have plenty of critters moving through the night and early mornings.

We live on the outside of a town of approximately 56,000 people and are surrounded by pastures and hardwoods. We only have about 1 1/4 acre of land but have 2 major springs less than 1 mile from us, including 1 major spring that is owned by the state of Arkansas and several streams that run all year long. While we maintain a store of potable water for 185 days it is probably overkill since there is plenty of water available. There is quite a bit of small game, squirrels, rabbits, etc as well as a few deer and a ton of cattle close to us. While we do not normally grow a vegetable garden we do get our fresh produce from the many farmer markets in our area. We do have a large stock of heritage seeds vacuum packed in foil and kept in our garage refrigerator just in case. My goal, which I am 85% to 90% at, is to be able to maintain food stores from one growing season into and past that year's harvest. Of course one has to also have the means to protect what they have worked so hard for and I also think we have a good handle on this. Does this make me sleep better at night...DAMN RIGHT it does.
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

Sponsored Links