Is your location one of survival in a total nuclear war? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is your location one of survival in a total nuclear war?

This is a discussion on Is your location one of survival in a total nuclear war? within the Preppers Retreat and Lodge forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; Originally Posted by sideKahr Assume the US is targeted with a single Soviet missile, or there is a surprise attack by a nuclear capable terrorist ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Is your location one of survival in a total nuclear war?

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    Assume the US is targeted with a single Soviet missile, or there is a surprise attack by a nuclear capable terrorist organization. If the target were Washington, DC, I would not be all that upset. The loss of innocent lives would be horrible, but overall in the long run the country might be better off. I hate to say this, but I've felt this way for some time.
    Well there are still 80 unaccounted for suitcase nukes floating around from the dissolution of the soviet union. If terrorists set one of those off in DC the rats wouldn't even have time to scurry into their bunkers.
    sideKahr and MaterielGeneral like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic33 View Post
    all I can think is" why do you care"? Other than just conversation.
    you should be more worried about if your location can survive the intended scenario.
    because I am wondering why the map has dozens of targets that are likely to be nothing more than empty silos when a nuke hits them.. aka a wasted missile...
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
    I would guess it is because he lives right next to the silos, and if he doesn't think he can prepare and survive, he would rather believe that they aren't really targets after all.
    no.. according to the map I am safe...... I am just skeptical of maps of targets that have been the same targets for 40 years and the site of the target has trained for 40 years to be empty/non-viable target when the rubber meats the road.... like telling a shop owner (every day for 40 years) that you are going to loot him 30 min after the siren sounds even though his store can be emptied in 5 minutes.. after 40 years when the siren sounds.. and A). he doesn't empty his store, and B). you actually go there and expect loot... then you are both idiots....
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If you live near any heavy industry, then your town is a target for nukes: things like steel mills, or other metal plants, won't be spared.
    If you live near a major railroad yard, it has been targeted by Russia and China both.
    I used to live in Huntington WV and I can think of 2 or 3 targets there; a steel plant, a nickle plant and a major railroad yard.

If you live in any major metro, then it is a target too, the whole is dis-heartening in ways.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 10-25-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Back in the 70's, when we faced similar projections, the "safe" place was the Rogue River area of Oregon.
    I do not know where it is now, because the advances in target technology have changed dramatically.
    Short of Chyenne Mountain, is there a place?

I live near bigwheel ..... so what does that do for my chances?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    I live near bigwheel ..... so what does that do for my chances?
    That would depend on if he was coming over or not.............
    A Watchman and Prepared One like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    pretty sure they can identify the trajectory of incoming well before they are hit.. and thus would launch before being destroyed.. just my thought..
    One thing to consider is if they launch several EMP missiles from sea with no warning it may blind our radar (don't know about satellites). Once we are blinded then they could launch anything they want and we would not know what is coming. And if the EMP is launched from sea, we may not even know who the guilty party is.
    dwight55 likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    One thing to consider is if they launch several EMP missiles from sea with no warning it may blind our radar (don't know about satellites). Once we are blinded then they could launch anything they want and we would not know what is coming. And if the EMP is launched from sea, we may not even know who the guilty party is.
    We likely wouldn't care who the guilty party is, we would still bomb the Russians since they are the enemy de jour.

Though I would imagine Russia already has satellites carrying EMPs right now, as does North Korea. If a satellite EMP went off wonder if it could take down other satellites nearby? Or could those nuke tipped missiles take down specific satellites?
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
    We likely wouldn't care who the guilty party is, we would still bomb the Russians since they are the enemy de jour.

Though I would imagine Russia already has satellites carrying EMPs right now, as does North Korea. If a satellite EMP went off wonder if it could take down other satellites nearby? Or could those nuke tipped missiles take down specific satellites?
    Thinking of satellites carrying EMP's made me think of the scene in AmeriGeddon where the EMP was launched onto the U.S.. I think that satellites have to be EMP hardened because of the amount of radiation that they endure in space and the many minor solar flares that come our way but is shielded by earths atmosphere.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links