Is there a "How to bug out" book that's reccomended?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Is there a "How to bug out" book that's reccomended? within the Preppers Retreat and Lodge forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; So while my brother and I have known for years that if SHTF we would go to our clan-cabin, we realized thanks to the current ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Is there a "How to bug out" book that's reccomended?

So while my brother and I have known for years that if SHTF we would go to our clan-cabin, we realized thanks to the current drama going on that we dont have a PLAN. We're been slowly building one, and I've found good books and guides on making my bug out bag, but I realized that most guides i was finding about prepping regarded sheltering in place. Does anyone know of any guides or books that are useful when you know your emergency plan is to evacuate to a certain place?
    Thanks in advance for any info/help.
    -A New Prepper

I'm gettin' too old for this.
    Slippy and MountainGirl like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    I'm gettin' too old for this.
    I assumed a sub-forum about places would have ideas on how to get to said places or info, if Im in the wrong spot let me know.
    If you're instead saying people shouldn't ask questions, please also let me know.
    I'm not quite clear on what your response is regarding.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

@Darlandra: Go and download this 22 page PDF file. Family Prepping

Best of luck to you.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by darlandra View Post
    So while my brother and I have known for years that if SHTF we would go to our clan-cabin, we realized thanks to the current drama going on that we dont have a PLAN. We're been slowly building one, and I've found good books and guides on making my bug out bag, but I realized that most guides i was finding about prepping regarded sheltering in place. Does anyone know of any guides or books that are useful when you know your emergency plan is to evacuate to a certain place?
    Thanks in advance for any info/help.
    -A New Prepper

darlanda,

No book will be as good as old fashioned Experience! Spend lots of weekends doing various things at your clan-cabin and each weekend you will gain skills and knowledge.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

First... why are you so concerned with 'bugging out'? There's a lot of reasons why 'shelter-in-place' or 'bunkering in' is preferred.

We have a lot of good info here:
    https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/...ml#post1874757
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

The cabin is our "long term" location in the event we decide things are going to a hand basket. We both live in various urban areas and are more comfortable and more confident in the wilderness such as where our cabin is. It has the advantage of being spring fed for example, and is near both areas for farming and hunting while at the same time being accessible enough modern areas that we would not be completely isolated. The envisioned events that I personally see where I decide "ok, time to go" is a situation where power/water have been out for 36-48 hours already. I live alone, so in the place I am there is little reason to simply stay and trust in restoration of services, when I can link up with family and have even a minimal of self-sustainment for however short or long as needed.
    It's the scenario that we all hope never needs to happen, but we have thought for years that "something" was coming, and witnessing first hand the insanity of the panic-mentality of what's going on right now has made us both hyper aware that to be blunt...people en masse are stupid and scary. As such, we would both prefer to simply get out of the way, and be able to do so effectively and efficiently as possible.

So... you've got both a BOL and a tribe to fill it up with.

What else is there to know?
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Darlandra: Go to your PROFILE on this website and check your Private Emails.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

A book won't offer much more than you can logically determine yourself.
    Take an honest look at your surroundings, and decide the best course of action to reach your intended destination. You need to make the decision to move BEFORE things get bad. Follow the current situation through its logical progression. We have already seen recommendations to avoid and cancel events of 100 or more, then 50 or more, now 10 or more. Cities are mandating that restaurants and bars close down for dine-in service.
    What could come next? The likely answer is mandatory curfews and additional "emergency powers" being magically manifested from nothing. Power begets more power, and governments are always looking for more.
    Before security measures get too strict in your area, you need to load up the vehicle and start making trips to your BOL(bug-out location) to deliver goods, if it is not already stocked. That way, when the final pin drops, and you're SURE it's time to go, most of the work is already done and you can concentrate on getting your family out of the area safely, and without the panic of "where do we fit all this stuff?".

Try to remain inconspicuous. Have a line or two to throw out to snooping neighbors to throw them off. "Going to check on the family." or "Trying to find more toilet paper, you don't have any extra, do you?"
    As things get worse, personal security becomes more important. Right now, the sheep are bleating. Soon, a few will become wolves.
    Be ready, and good luck.

Also, welcome! Drop us a line in the new members introduction section so we can get to know you a bit better.
    jimcosta and WolfBrother like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links