Is there a "How to bug out" book that's reccomended? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is there a "How to bug out" book that's reccomended?

This is a discussion on Is there a "How to bug out" book that's reccomended? within the Preppers Retreat and Lodge forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; Originally Posted by Kauboy A book won't offer much more than you can logically determine yourself. Take an honest look at your surroundings, and decide ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Is there a "How to bug out" book that's reccomended?

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    A book won't offer much more than you can logically determine yourself.
    Take an honest look at your surroundings, and decide the best course of action to reach your intended destination. You need to make the decision to move BEFORE things get bad. Follow the current situation through its logical progression. We have already seen recommendations to avoid and cancel events of 100 or more, then 50 or more, now 10 or more. Cities are mandating that restaurants and bars close down for dine-in service.
    What could come next? The likely answer is mandatory curfews and additional "emergency powers" being magically manifested from nothing. Power begets more power, and governments are always looking for more.
    Before security measures get too strict in your area, you need to load up the vehicle and start making trips to your BOL(bug-out location) to deliver goods, if it is not already stocked. That way, when the final pin drops, and you're SURE it's time to go, most of the work is already done and you can concentrate on getting your family out of the area safely, and without the panic of "where do we fit all this stuff?".

Try to remain inconspicuous. Have a line or two to throw out to snooping neighbors to throw them off. "Going to check on the family." or "Trying to find more toilet paper, you don't have any extra, do you?"
    As things get worse, personal security becomes more important. Right now, the sheep are bleating. Soon, a few will become wolves.
    Be ready, and good luck.

Also, welcome! Drop us a line in the new members introduction section so we can get to know you a bit better.
    The kind of wisdom I would expect from a Texan.

The Good Cop

Just one book?
    The Boy Scout Handbook.
    MountainGirl and Diver like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Here's the thing about bugging out: There is no one-size-fits-all guide.

Someone, like you, who has a BOL out in the sticks and a knowledgeable troupe to occupy it will need to 'learn' different things than an ad-hoc hodge-podge of total strangers taking up residence in an abandoned factory in the heart of the city.

You may be able to hunt.... trap... fish....plant a garden. Your urban counterparts will need to learn guerrilla warfare to protect what they've scavenged from the murderous hoards.

If you don't socialize outside your tribe, you probably don't have to worry about infectious diseases. The poor saps in the city will be scrounging for any type of mask they can find or fashion in order to prevent contracting some bug.

You can easily take a post-hole digger, a hammer and nails and fashion up a simple outhouse. Your city cousins are probably using a remote corner of the building and simply going to let things pile up.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Just one book?
    The Boy Scout Handbook.
    The attached pdf is the 1911 copy - First one
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WolfBrother; 03-18-2020 at 11:35 PM.

This is a little helpful for a good start idea book on one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were to recommend one, single book, it would be When All Hell Breaks Loose by Cody Lundin.

https://www.amazon.com/When-All-Hell.../dp/142360105X
    WolfBrother likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links