Camping Trailer/ Gear as a backup in case of fire/flood/ earthquake - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Camping Trailer/ Gear as a backup in case of fire/flood/ earthquake

This is a discussion on Camping Trailer/ Gear as a backup in case of fire/flood/ earthquake within the Preppers Retreat and Lodge forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; @TheTourist, I live about 4000kms away from Amazonas. Also no Carnaval in here . And no loud music at my place. It looks like I ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Camping Trailer/ Gear as a backup in case of fire/flood/ earthquake

@TheTourist, I live about 4000kms away from Amazonas. Also no Carnaval in here . And no loud music at my place.
    It looks like I will have to find people to steal that motothome elsewhere 😂

Well, we have a slogan here, "There's more than one way to skin a cat."

If we cannot move it in one piece, perhaps we should render the vehicle into pieces. Or I can still steal it and find a cliff somewhere else in Brazil. Do you have a junkyard in your area with a "car crusher"?

Besides, do I appear to you to make excuses just to look at girls at Carnival?
    bigwheel likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

We have a 24' motor home built from an E350 box truck.... very sturdy, 10-12MPG, lotsa battery capacity, solar charging, DC-to-Daylight radio comms, fridge/freezer, LP stove/oven, head, separate shower, comfy bed, all that stuff.

In winter, we fill leave plenty of RV antifreeze in the fresh water tank in case we need to use the head and we remove any canned goods we don't want to freeze, but leave them in totes near the back door for easy deployment.

In warmer months, it's ready to roll in minutes.

Camping Trailer/ Gear as  a backup in case of fire/flood/ earthquake-bov-mh-atch-sm.jpg
    Slippy, bigwheel, RedLion and 2 others like this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    -- The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security --

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Yavanna View Post
    yes, and they say the street is public and he can park there for as long as he wants.
    Also, the city has no law about abandoned vehicles ( it has been sitting there collecting dust and the grass is growing around it). He can leave it in front of his house, but he won't.
    Did you try giving the cop a pan of brownies and a twenty dollar bill? It can work wonders in Mexico. Its close to Christmas ya know

This "Brazil project" is getting more an more complicated.

I have to smuggle a candy machine into the country. Then I have to find a way to get rolls of quarter into the country so they cn get the candy out of the machine. I think my best bet is to just hot-wire the truck and drive to Carnival and abandon it. I intended to take the truck and dump it in the Amazon River, but I'm scared to death of candiru fish. Then I have to get out of the country, but I figure with my luck I'll be ejected and banned for life.

Oh, I forgot. I also have to smuggle a bag of Idaho's best potatoes into Brazil and Ronco dicer. All of this has to be done without a knife, because Yavanna warned me they confiscate all incoming cutlery. Oy, vey, I haven't been without a knife since 1958.

I know we're supposed to help new members and ensure that we care about their needs. I'm beginning to think I'll wind up in a Brazilian jail...

@The Tourist , you will be one of the very few foreigners to be deported upon arrival at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavanna View Post
    @The Tourist , you will be one of the very few foreigners to be deported upon arrival at the airport.
    Hmmm, Yavanna, I see that despite being separated by a huge continent and an ocean, you have learned my style...

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    We have a 24' motor home built from an E350 box truck.... very sturdy, 10-12MPG, lotsa battery capacity, solar charging, DC-to-Daylight radio comms, fridge/freezer, LP stove/oven, head, separate shower, comfy bed, all that stuff.

In winter, we fill leave plenty of RV antifreeze in the fresh water tank in case we need to use the head and we remove any canned goods we don't want to freeze, but leave them in totes near the back door for easy deployment.

In warmer months, it's ready to roll in minutes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOV-MH-atCH-sm.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	93855
    Nice, I like it. I think the only thing missing is 4X4, LOL.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by RJAMES View Post
    I have long thought that having a travel trailer as a guest quarters and a place to use as a backup if you lost a home due to fire or earthquake is a good idea. Flood if you have some warning you might be able to drive out of the flood zone although the best for the majority of floods is to consult a flood zone map.
    I will second the thought that everyone should at least consider getting a camping trailer. We have owned several thru the years, used and new. We currently have a 20' something bunkhouse that my daughter is temporarily staying in and I have a small pick up camper for my get a way's. Having a camper is a piece of mind. Used ones are cheap. If you take care of them they take care of you. Excellent bug out house.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    Nice, I like it. I think the only thing missing is 4X4, LOL.
    Yeah... 4x4 would really round it out nicely
    -- The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security --

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links