Bartering Goods - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bartering Goods

This is a discussion on Bartering Goods within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by John Galt Really??? while I haven't read many of your posts on different threads the posts I have read tend to make ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Bartering Goods

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Really??? while I haven't read many of your posts on different threads the posts I have read tend to make you sound like a liberal instigator trying to bate people into arguing. But think about this, before you can fly away to New Zealand (or wherever) to live your crisis free live you've got to have functioning airports which I suspect would be one of the 1st services to go down during a crisis.
    No natural disaster in the history of the U.S. has extended past the first mountain range. We wouldn't have to travel farther than about Spokane to catch a flight. But we probably wouldn't have to fly anywhere-- if Spokane is far enough to outrun the disaster, it's far enough to find a hotel and wait.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    No natural disaster in the history of the U.S. has extended past the first mountain range. We wouldn't have to travel farther than about Spokane to catch a flight. But we probably wouldn't have to fly anywhere-- if Spokane is far enough to outrun the disaster, it's far enough to find a hotel and wait.
    So ..... your one of them run for the hills and wait it out preppers, huh?
    Last edited by A Watchman; 10-16-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    NoSnowFlakes likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I feel that barter won't really exist for a long time (1-5 years). I can't see trusting anyone
    during the first year until the great die off is done. Maybe sometime after that society will
    stabilize enough to make barter possible. Another reason to make friends with other
    preppers and form some kind of group even if it is not a commune.
    I don't plan on bartering, unless it is with a known group, and even then...
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I'm hoping when SHTF that I can barter mainly to help people who haven't prepared, maybe trade for something I may not specifically need, but something that may be useful further along the lines, just in the hope that I can help others out in the short term.

I'm thinking the main things I would be trading would likely be food, water, medical supplies, etc... basically the basics.

In return for maybe skills people have, or just generally an extra pair of hands to help do any work at the time.

I live in the UK so I don't feel the early days will be quite as bad as we have tight gun control at the moment so it would likely take a little bit of time for lots of weapons to flood the country meaning people would likely barter more.

I know I'm quite an optimistic person when it comes to humanity and I honestly think the majority of people will try to help each other when shtf, however I do also know there will be a lot of people who will do anything to get anything as well.

Some things you can stock up on that others don't consider are magazines of various capacities for barter as well as cleaning patches, cleaning kits, lubes, and solvents. Also you can stockpile things like condoms and women hygiene products.

Not too crazy about the idea of trading firearm accessories. As to the other items mentioned, I think they would be good trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    My feelings exactly. If on a limited budget or your preps are not complete (are they ever?), why tie up money on items not essential for your own survival? You can't have too much food or seed in storage.

If necessary, I'll barter with food. That would include alcohol, which would be apple cider or muscadine wine made on the farm. So for me, as opposed to stocking cases of booze I don't drink, I stock fermentation tools/containers.
    These are my thoughts exactly. We will stock what we need and will use and may be willing to barter with others on a case by case basis.
    Redneck likes this.

Some Items I have stocked for barter:
    Toilet paper
    Feminine hygiene products
    Toothbrushes
    Used boots in many sizes
    Socks
    Lotsa booze

Banned

Lot's of possibilities but for the money I'd go with a 50 pack of BIC lighters. Amazon.com
    Knowledge is good too but once taught is out of your hands.

Got more cash? Buy more lighters and fish antibiotics. Several threads on antibiotics on this forum.

Ability to make fire and lifesaving meds will rule supreme. Booze and tobacco will be a close 2nd.
    Last edited by Ayn Rand; 01-02-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    Maine-Marine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    First of all, what do you think you will need to barter for?
    What are you willing to trade to get it?
    What you have may not be what the other person needs/wants
    here is the thing.. right now, nobody knows what they will need to bargain for!
    Nobody can but away everything... do all preppers have the right stuff for ringworm, repair a bullet hole in their waterline, replace their water pump....

if I do not have what the other person wants then hopefully we can reach an agreement on silver, beans, flour, ammo.....
    Ayn Rand likes this.
    Be a Berean

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links