Bartering Goods - Page 4

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bartering Goods

This is a discussion on Bartering Goods within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Jammer Six Not with us. If it's that bad, we'll change hemispheres and go where the lights are still on, the coffee ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Bartering Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Not with us. If it's that bad, we'll change hemispheres and go where the lights are still on, the coffee is hot and credit cards still work until the Bad Stuff stops. No barter required.
    So, that being the case for you, what are you doing on a survivalist/prepper site?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    So, that being the case for you, what are you doing on a survivalist/prepper site?
    The same thing you are.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Banned

The same thing you are.
    Really??? while I haven't read many of your posts on different threads the posts I have read tend to make you sound like a liberal instigator trying to bate people into arguing. But think about this, before you can fly away to New Zealand (or wherever) to live your crisis free live you've got to have functioning airports which I suspect would be one of the 1st services to go down during a crisis.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Really??? while I haven't read many of your posts on different threads the posts I have read tend to make you sound like a liberal instigator trying to bate people into arguing. But think about this, before you can fly away to New Zealand (or wherever) to live your crisis free live you've got to have functioning airports which I suspect would be one of the 1st services to go down during a crisis.
    Well, it IS possible to own your own airstrip. Then you can park your Lear jet (with external drop fuel tanks) in a faraday hanger.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Well, it IS possible to own your own airstrip. Then you can park your Lear jet (with external drop fuel tanks) in a faraday hanger.

Do we constantly have to go over the basics again and again? Remember when it comes to Lear jet's remember the rule of three! On the civilian side I only worked on Saab airframes. So the rule of 12 applies!
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.

I do not store anything for that purpose . I now grow food more than we can consume ourselves I plan to increase that after a SHTF event . I would trade food that was excess for items if there was something I needed.

I batter a lot now trading apples , berries or produce for honey, jam or some other produce I do not have enough of . Say some squash for egg plant . Traded some apples for labor had some chickens butchered. I can do it but really would rather have someone else do it. I trade my labor or tools to my neighbors for labor all the time . Sometimes you need a bunch of people . I got a call a couple years ago hard to understand message but something about bringing tools and a trailer - now . I loaded up and went over to find that they had a fire house was badly damaged.

I unloaded tools and got a list of items they wanted picked up , left my cell phone , then drove into town to load what was on the list - half way into it called the cell and got the other items they had sense figured out they needed to buy. Went back unloaded then drove around the area to pick up this and that from folks Toilet here , door there, box of kids clothes.

Got back to see that work rebuilding the green house about done and the building site cleared. Next day the new 2 story house frame was up, roofing, siding ,windows on site ready to go. I think their were 50 guys working on it the first two days. Next day most of the siding as on and the roof done . Three of us finished the windows, doors, plumbing , drywall, putting in the heating/cook stove .

From complete destruction to new home to live in was 5 days. I would have let some of the new concrete to cure longer but they were in a hurry . This was the last week of November. I hope I never have to have that kind of labor but my neighbors know the deal we pitch when needed and draw when needed. I have helped when a home and a school was damaged by a tornado, one time when they wanted to move a small house- just run some beams thru it and pick it up.

I do not see any benefit to buy up a butch of stuff in excess of what I think I need just to trade. Now extra seed that is something to stock.
    Slippy and Redneck like this.
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

Not with us. If it's that bad, we'll change hemispheres and go where the lights are still on, the coffee is hot and credit cards still work until the Bad Stuff stops. No barter required.
    Operator6 is that you? .... naw couldn't be, huh?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RJAMES View Post

I do not see any benefit to buy up a butch of stuff in excess of what I think I need just to trade. Now extra seed that is something to stock.
    My feelings exactly. If on a limited budget or your preps are not complete (are they ever?), why tie up money on items not essential for your own survival? You can't have too much food or seed in storage.

If necessary, I'll barter with food. That would include alcohol, which would be apple cider or muscadine wine made on the farm. So for me, as opposed to stocking cases of booze I don't drink, I stock fermentation tools/containers.
    RJAMES likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maine_rm View Post
    Do we constantly have to go over the basics again and again? Remember when it comes to Lear jet's remember the rule of three! On the civilian side I only worked on Saab airframes. So the rule of 12 applies!
    I only need one jet. And I fly in my own faraday airspace.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Nope. I don't intend to barter.
    Not even with good friends?
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links