Bartering Goods - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bartering Goods

This is a discussion on Bartering Goods within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by tango First of all, what do you think you will need to barter for? What are you willing to trade to get ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Bartering Goods

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    First of all, what do you think you will need to barter for?
    What are you willing to trade to get it?
    What you have may not be what the other person needs/wants
    No matter how carefully we plan and stock up there will always be something we didn't realize how badly we needed it. Or an emergency requires you to find a 3/4" PVC pipe fitting or a windstorm requires a handful of roofing nails. There will always be things you need that others have.
    Joe and Redwood Country like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stockton View Post
    Do you know how long these last? I'd consider storing
    something like that for barter..
    The lighters should last forever although I've heard of some not working after a few years due to a plugged orifice. The seeds only cost a few dollars and will store for 5+ years in the freezer.

Canned tuna, chicken or beef. Hygiene items, sanitizer,soap. Booze and tobacco. lighters because being able to start a fire is very important. I understand you get more value out of trading airplane bottles vs quarts or gallons of booze. Knowing how to fix or repair things like shoes or refilling lighters. Never trade at home and be wary of any trade location as well as route to and from it. Junk silver will have use I believe.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Nope. I don't intend to barter.
    SGG and Redwood Country like this.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

I tried stocking up on the little 50 ml airplane bottles, for one reason or another they kept disappearing, go figure.
    Redwood Country likes this.

Would a "skill" be worth bartering?

Cutting tools will be very important, along with bullet casting.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post

I have read two articles by different people in different countries whose economies have collapsed and one of the first thing they both mentioned was lighters. As for liquor, I may end up needing something like that for me and mine, so I buy with the attitude that I am buying it for my own consumption, and if I trade it later so be it.
    Suck it up buttercup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Would a "skill" be worth bartering?

Cutting tools will be very important, along with bullet casting.
    Sure, skills are worth bartering but considering the fact that primers may become irreplaceable I'm not sure bullet casting skill would be very valuable. Sharpening knowledge may make your life better but there are so many people out there who know how to sharpen an axe or knife that I doubt you'd have all that many customers. Possibly if you have the tools and knowledge to properly set a hand saw teeth or chainsaw.
    Medical knowledge and strong knowledge of herbal medicines and the local plants that make them would probably be a great skill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Would a "skill" be worth bartering?.............
    To the unwashed masses who spent all their time and money on Unlimited Data Plans on their cell phones, getting 18,000 cable channels every month and buying Monster Truck Rally tickets instead of learning how to start fires, make water potable and setting up a proper defense perimeter. The latter will absolutely be skills worth paying for when their cells phones don't work, the cable is out forever and not dying of dehydration becomes more important than seeing Grave Digger again.

You barter for skills every day of your life right now. Your doctor has skills, your mechanic has skills, your handy-man has skills, your day-care provider has skills. You merrily fork over money to them for their skills all the time. What makes you think skills will be a thing of the past after SHTF?
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I'd be worried about sheople trying to trade bullets once they are close enough and know I have stuff. No trading is being planned, not worth the risk.
    Redwood Country likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links