Battery Powered Oregon PS250 Pole Saw Review
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Battery Powered Oregon PS250 Pole Saw Review within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; If you'd have asked me 5, 10 years ago if I'd trade my Gas Powered Lawn/Garden/Tree Equipment for Battery Powered Equipment I'd have called you ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Slippy
  • 1 Post By Prepared One
  • 1 Post By chuckklr98

Thread: Battery Powered Oregon PS250 Pole Saw Review

If you'd have asked me 5, 10 years ago if I'd trade my Gas Powered Lawn/Garden/Tree Equipment for Battery Powered Equipment I'd have called you a Tree Huggin' Libtard and kicked you in the ass multiple times as you squealed like Metro-Sexual Millennial at a Restoration Hardware Store in Mid-Town Atlanta!

Today, well, I am all in with Battery Powered Equipment!

My latest purchase was the Oregon Battery Powered Pole Saw Model PS250

Battery Powered Oregon PS250 Pole Saw Review-img_2375.jpg

Battery Powered Oregon PS250 Pole Saw Review-img_2376.jpg

Battery Powered Oregon PS250 Pole Saw Review-img_2377.jpg

It took about 15 minutes to assemble the saw and it was surprisingly sturdy even thought there was a good amount of plastic parts. The business end, the chainsaw was just like any other high quality chainsaw and I was impressed when it was fully assembled. Lightweight yet sturdy is how I would describe it. And just under 8' in length gives it plenty of reach for me.

The 40 V 2.6 AH battery took about 30 minutes to fully charge and when engaged it was very quiet...yet you immediately felt the power of the saw when you engaged it.

My driveway is 900 feet long so I commenced to cutting some limbs and a few small sapling trees. The largest diameter tree/limb that I cut measured over 4 inches, but most were between 1-3 inches. I made 62 cuts in about 25 minutes and the saw performed like a gas powered saw only much lighter and quieter. The fact that the saw only runs when you engage the cutting handle is a huge improvement over lugging a gas saw around while it runs.

The chain is a high quality Oregon chain that is interchangeable on its gas saw and it showed no sign of wear. I measure the battery charge when I finished and in 62 cuts it only used 25% of its charge. I didn't use the extender, as is was plenty long enough for me.

I'd give the Oregon Battery Powered Pole Saw 10 out of 10 Slippy's for the work that it did on my driveway. The next challenge will be on my back road which is considerably longer than the driveway and I'll see if the battery can perform long enough for me to complete the job.

But so far SLIPPY APPROVED!

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    If you'd have asked me 5, 10 years ago if I'd trade my Gas Powered Lawn/Garden/Tree Equipment for Battery Powered Equipment I'd have called you a Tree Huggin' Libtard and kicked you in the ass multiple times as you squealed like Metro-Sexual Millennial at a Restoration Hardware Store in Mid-Town Atlanta!

Today, well, I am all in with Battery Powered Equipment!

My latest purchase was the Oregon Battery Powered Pole Saw Model PS250

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2375.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	108931

Name:	IMG_2376.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	108933

Name:	IMG_2377.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	108935

It took about 15 minutes to assemble the saw and it was surprisingly sturdy even thought there was a good amount of plastic parts. The business end, the chainsaw was just like any other high quality chainsaw and I was impressed when it was fully assembled. Lightweight yet sturdy is how I would describe it. And just under 8' in length gives it plenty of reach for me.

The 40 V 2.6 AH battery took about 30 minutes to fully charge and when engaged it was very quiet...yet you immediately felt the power of the saw when you engaged it.

My driveway is 900 feet long so I commenced to cutting some limbs and a few small sapling trees. The largest diameter tree/limb that I cut measured over 4 inches, but most were between 1-3 inches. I made 62 cuts in about 25 minutes and the saw performed like a gas powered saw only much lighter and quieter. The fact that the saw only runs when you engage the cutting handle is a huge improvement over lugging a gas saw around while it runs.

The chain is a high quality Oregon chain that is interchangeable on its gas saw and it showed no sign of wear. I measure the battery charge when I finished and in 62 cuts it only used 25% of its charge. I didn't use the extender, as is was plenty long enough for me.

I'd give the Oregon Battery Powered Pole Saw 10 out of 10 Slippy's for the work that it did on my driveway. The next challenge will be on my back road which is considerably longer than the driveway and I'll see if the battery can perform long enough for me to complete the job.

But so far SLIPPY APPROVED!
    Next pring this will be at the top of the list.

Thanks Slippy!
    Slippy likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Be great for long distance zombie dispatching.
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I used to be a STIHL SNOB, and love STIHL equipment; I've got a blower that is at last 15 years old, a Chainsaw that is 10 years old, a Trimmer 15 years old and an Edger that is 18 years old.

For cutting limbs etc I had been using a Stihl Gas Powered Trimmer with a Brush Cutter attachment or the Chainsaw which are both dependable but..HEAVY and VERY LOUD!

I'll continue to use the Stihl cutter exclusively as a string Trimmer around the house vs lugging it up and down my road/driveway and I expect it to last another 10 years easily.

My next battery powered equipment purchase will be a 16" or 18" chainsaw but I'm still researching them...

Sponsored Links