Industrial Vacuum Sealer, advice used - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Industrial Vacuum Sealer, advice used

This is a discussion on Industrial Vacuum Sealer, advice used within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by daniel17319 How do you cut the bags, you all with junky vac sealers thanks for the input, if you did more prepping ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Industrial Vacuum Sealer, advice used

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by daniel17319 View Post
    How do you cut the bags, you all with junky vac sealers thanks for the input, if you did more prepping you would problaby get a better one.
    I don't think you necessarily need to waste your money on industrial.I've got a used one I bought on EBAY for around $20.00. I got it a few years back. It's used only for mason jars with oxy absorbers and it works great. I'd bet dollars to donuts anything you put in a mason jar will last longer than if you put it in a plastic bag.
    inceptor likes this.
    Let us use the time as best we may.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by learnpreppingtoday View Post
    I have a question for the community that is somewhat similar. Does anyone know where I could purchase a foodsaver jar sealer attachment? I've been looking for over a week now and can't find it in stock anywhere. I am trying to vacuum seal rice, beans and other dried foods in mason jars.
    I got mine on Amazon. Just looked. Currently unavailable.
    Let us use the time as best we may.

I have a food saver brand and been abusing that thing for years packaging venison and repackaging bulk food. It does have the jar adapter but never used it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Try your local BJ's, that is where I got mine.

Following offers I found on Amazon:
    Best Value. Geryon E2900-MS. amazon.com. $92.99. $71.99 (23% off) ...
    Most Compact. FoodSaver FSFRSH0051. amazon.com. $40.90. Shop Now. ...
    For Meat Lovers. Weston Pro-2300 Commercial. amazon.com. $399.97. Shop Now. ...
    For Hunters and Anglers. FoodSaver GM2150. amazon.com. $173.99. $65.00 (63% off) ...

I see this is a zombie post, but if you're still in the market for one, I haven't seen this one mentioned.

I love my VacMaster VP112S Chamber Vacuum Sealer

I have a couple food savers that are pretty much relegated to jar sealers since the day I bought this about 5 years ago. I can best describe the difference as moving from a big wheel to a bicycle. It is just in another level.

That being said, while it can do things above and beyond a vacuum sealer:
    - it can also be a counter space hog
    - it is as loud enough to be annoying when actually running the vacuum chamber (not quite as loud as a food processor)
    - it costs about $600 (4x or 5x what a food saver will cost).

I think the only time I have even touched my old food saver was to use it as a bag cutter or for the vacuum attachment for jars. Overall I would rate it a 4.5 out of 5 and a foodsaver about a 3.

It looks like the modern version is the VacMaster VP210 series and VP320 series and they run about $1000 now.

added a link, but my post count isn't high enough to do so. Keep an eye on fleabay or an amazon sale for these things.
    Inor likes this.

Try your local BJ's, that is where I got mine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links