Battery Powered Lawn Mowers-Chime in Knuckleheads
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Battery Powered Lawn Mowers-Chime in Knuckleheads within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I don't even know why I bother asking you Neanderthal Fossil Fuel Loving Climate Change Denying Sumbetches but I will anyway. Does anyone have a ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Battery Powered Lawn Mowers-Chime in Knuckleheads

I don't even know why I bother asking you Neanderthal Fossil Fuel Loving Climate Change Denying Sumbetches but I will anyway.

Does anyone have a Battery Powered Lawn Mower? If so, what do you recommend?

While Slippy Lodge is approx 30 Acres and requires a tractor for bush-hoggin' etc, the immediate grass around the house is less than 2000 SQ FT and shrinking as I add new raised beds for veggies every year or so.

But, Mrs S wants to keep SOME grass and everyone knows little princess gets what she wants...

So last time I mowed it was a bit wet and my grass is healthy and thick and I noticed my Heavy-Assed 15+year old Craftsman Self Propelled Lawn Mower is struggling and finally the heavy wet grass is too much for the engine and it starts to smoke and sputter and damn if it doesn't up and freakin die on me!

I give it the normal maintenance and replacement checks to make sure and tear it apart but after messing with it for a few days, I pronounce it DOA.

I've been saying I'm done with Ethanol gas and I try and put Ethanol Free in my small engines but for whatever reason I just cannot bear the thought of putting another dime into the purchase/maintenance and repair of internal combustion small gas engines! ...

So, any advice on Electric Battery Powered Lawn Mowers? Some of them have descent reviews but I just don't have any experience with them. PS All of my other lawn gas engines are STIHL and most are over 15 years old...hopefull they will last...

Last edited by Slippy; 08-29-2019 at 03:37 PM.

1940 9N Ford, runs 8 gallons of shit fuel ,all day mowing ,3' goldenrods

1972 2000 Ford, harder to work on than than the 9N but user friendly.

Howse 5ft brush hog, 30 years young. Has only used grease every run. Does the farm every year X2 or X3

Ford 501 sickle bar. See Howse above.

1972 Ford/Jocobsen Kohler K321 LGT14 42" deck. Broke steering once, then only wear items. Simple to work on like the 9N

Husqvarna 6.5 briggs. PITA to start when warm. Good mower otherwise

Old Craftsman ???Hp it runs and cuts, better than newer Husky.

Two push reel mowers. Don't let the grass get big, or have a lot to do.

Weed wackers. Husky L326 has been fine 20 years, A1 O.K. . A freebie Homlesslite works on the other place, but a PITA compared to the Husky.

My Advice, get a couple goats/sheep, before eletricrap.

warningGoats/sheep might attract Muslims to Slippy ranch
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 08-29-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    Slippy and inceptor like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    What the [email protected]#$ is that, get a n old fashioned push mower with the horizontal blades like the Amish use, you don’t want to burn coal to charge a battery, you will just fart a lot from all the exercise...
    Slippy and tuffy_chick_13 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    What the [email protected]#$ is that, get a n old fashioned push mower with the horizontal blades like the Amish use, you don’t want to burn coal to charge a battery, you will just fart a lot from all the exercise...
    Try doing that on an acre or two, thrice a month. Maybe 30 years ago....for me.

Farts??? I can do cheese w/brocolli, venison w/garlic., eggs w/chesse brocolli peppers tomatoes......

I do have those mowers. Also an another old reel mower with a Briggs
    Slippy likes this.

Real men don't use electric lawn mowers. If yeah can't keep a lawn mower runnin, know what I'm sayin?? Heck next you'll be asking about wearing socks with your flip flops.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Kobalt. Highest voltage you can find.

Don’t have on myself but did have a kobalt weed trimmer at the old place and liked it.

6’ brush hog and 4’ toro ZT now...
    Slippy likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Slip, I've got some really valuable insight for ya ….. Don't run over the damn cord, my experience is it pisses everybody off.

Back when I was a young 'un, my grandmother had the bright idea to get her an electric lawn mower. I volunteered to give it a go (I must have been about 9 or 10, and proudly wearing my "Everybody bugs Me" sweatshirt) and I wasn't 10 minutes into mowing until I cut the cord (No …. I'm not talking about cable tv). Next, was the pissin' everybody off part.

So, my advice is screw the "Go Green" nonsense and run down to your local hardware or lumber yard and buy ya a good mower. Don't forget the ethanol free gas.

Me? I ride my zero turn mower and grin, I only wish I still had that darn sweatshirt.
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Go get you a 72 inch diesel Kubota zero turn, . . .

You ain't young enough to wear it out, . . . change the oil every 50 hours, . . . change the blades in the early fall.

You'll never regret it.

Besides that, . . . when you are taking your dirt nap, . . . the widow and the kids can sell the darn thing for darn near what you paid for it.

Battery mowers are for French wine sipping, . . . water color painting, . . . girly boys who generally speak like that British freak that plays the piano and wears stupid looking glasses.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Slippy, Chipper, inceptor and 2 others like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Wife cuts the grass, and nothing is too good for her. Husqvarna 42" rider, John Deere electric start self propelled "push" mower for the edges.

Horse does the fine work.

Yer lookin' at this problem from the wrong direction, Slip my friend.
    Slippy, dwight55 and Prepared One like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links